138

Katana's POV

(Night)

After the long day of crying, the families left around afternoon. They also took their loved ones' things with them but left their pictures to us.

"I think it's better to put them in line" Professor Roy suggested

"I think so" Detective Chad said

"No, I think the two professors should be on top while students are below them" Professor Haz said as he arrived

"Professor Haz, you rarely come out of your room. What made you-" Detective Chad

"My little sister" Professor Haz

"Is your sister one of those who died?"

"Yeah, the one in front of you" he smiled

I looked at the photo in front of me and it is Ashika "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it was just sad that I saw her when she is already dead. I have been looking for her for a long time, but now that I saw her, she is already dead. How unfair the world is..." he faked a smile

"I'm sorry for your loss"

"I have heard a lot of stories about her days here. There are good ones and there are bad ones. I don't know what to believe but... I do know in myself that you are a good friend to her" Professor Haz smiled

These tears again...

"You worked so hard trying to know where she is and what really happened. You tried so hard to find her and bring justice to her. Actually, to all of you who are here, including Hana. I am thankful for taking care of Ashika when I wasn't able to. You all almost got into danger just to help Ashika to be found" Professor Haz cried and bowed to us "I am more thankful. I would never forget what you all did for her"

Professor Roy wiped his tears and faced his two colleagues "Why does the two of you have to leave together? Don't tell me you two are in a secret relationship? I am alone. How am I supposed to teach the students? I am not as smart and I don't have that much patience to teach them"

Ashika, my very first close friend. I hope you are happy wherever you are. I am more thankful to be honest. You were always nagging at me and annoying me even though I give you cold treatment. Because of you... I learned how to be open and to be friends with others. I met Hana, then J, Yoon and others. Thank you.

Professor Eli and Professor Trina who both never gave up no matter how hard headed we are all. You two never failed to amaze me. I guess staying here wasn't bad at all, you two made me realize that school isn't about studying, but also being in your second home with your second family.

Ari, who always have a lot of stories to tell. We were not that close but you would always go to me and spill beans that no one knows. You even know who are in a relationship and those who are not. You always treat me and would always tell me that I am so cold and mean for staying quiet whenever you talk to me. Funny. But I will miss you. 

Yoon, who never forgot to tell me how pretty I am even though I am cold. You would cutely give me a water and will say that someone told you to give it to me when it is from you actually.

J, the little sister we tried to protect until the end. I am sorry for failing to protect you. I swear we tried. Please, be well and guide Hana. Protect her like how she protected you.

"I'll go first" Detective Chad said and left

"Take care of the photos for me" Professor Roy smiled at me and left

Professor Haz looked at me "I'll-"

"You can go, Professor. I'll finish this and I'll have a rest. It won't take that long"

"Are you sure?" Professor Haz asked

I nodded "Yes, goodnight"

He smiled and left me.

I continued designing and fixing the pictures. I also put some flowers around the frames so it won't look plain. I wanted it to look beautiful, since I won't be able to see them anymore.

To be honest, I wanted to blame those eight suspects but I can't. I know seven of them doesn't know anything about the killings but... When I heard them it was boring when the killer stopped, I wanted to kill them. How can they say that? Does killing someone innocent is fun?

I was about to clean the petals when I sensed someone is watching me. Am I just hallucinating? There is nothing I should worry about. I can't be the next victim for no reason.

I finished designing the last frame ans was about to leave-

"W-Who are y-you?"

He hit my head with something hard. I don't know what to do, whether to leave or to see who is the killer.

I don't feel like he is the killer...

The killer only strangles his victims and will proceed to killing. Who the fuck is it this time with stupid idea? I tried to reach the scissor using my left hand but he stepped on my hand as hard as he can.

"Who are you?!"

He hit me again-

Please, someone help.