48

Third person's POV

"I killed 22 people already. Wasn't that enough?" Hyunjin asked

Hana was shocked by what she heard. Her heart started beating fast as she started crying. She never thought of Hyunjin as the killer since he is one of the person she was excluding from her list. Her eyes were full of tears and she closed her eyes. She opened her eyes once again and looked down. Still, the tears kept falling.

"Please, bring her out" Hyunjin said while holding the rope "I chose the rope because that's what I use to kill someone. Isn't that why you put two there? Everyone thought the rope was for hanging themselves if they thught of giving up. When you put it there, I got it. You want to know who will choose the rope because that means that person is the killer"

The host finally smiled under the mask as she or he was enjoying what she is hearing right now from Hyunjin. The host felt successful as the killer confessed himself.

"Please don't hurt Hana" he said and begged to the host even though he can't see the host "I'm begging you"

"I still don't believe you. Prove me you are the killer" the host said

Hyunjin stood up and threw the rope "I-I killed my first victim 3 years ago. It wasn't my intention but I still killed him. After that time, I started having fun and continued killing everyone. Just seeing them die makes me feel happy"

Hana was still crying as it hurts her hearing Hyunjin confess. She fell for him and it was probably why Akira doesn't want her to know that Hyunjin is the killer because she trusted Hyunjin and she told Hyunjin to take care of Hana. She now understands why Akira chose to die instead.

"T-That night, I-I was supposed to kill Hana" Hyunjin started crying as he remembered "I pulled her in a room and was ready to kill her but... I remembered her saying that she believes it wasn't me. The first person who trusted me and believed in me. Hana was that person. I-I decided not to kill her... I pretended that someone was there"

Hana kept crying as she continuously heard Hyunjin's nonstop confession about his crimes and plan to kill someone.

The host went out and showed up to Hyunjin and still wearing the mask. He clapped her hands and looking proud of the guy.

"I... I am happy" the host said and removed the mask "I finally found you"

"P-Principal Eve?" Hyunjin whispered

"That's right. You gave me such a hard time" Principal Eve rolled her eyes and threw the mask "I've been looking for you for a long time and you are finally here. I even killed Professor Cole for you, so you would show up. That night, when Alex went. You also arrived. I know you would accept my proposal but I didn't get the chance to see you kill Alex because of that pretender Ace who killed Akira who saw how Alex died"

"Why are you doing this?" Hyunjin

"Remember the 16th person you killed 2 years ago? That was my daughter" Principal Eve chuckled and took out the gun "I was not supposed to look for you but you fucking killed my daughter. You killed an innocent just to have fun"

In the third floor, they are still trying to do their best to survive. Minho kicked the guy while Jisung helped him, both Chan and Felix stood up and held the guy. Changbin and Seungmin were both having a teamwork to knock out Taeil without stabbing him or hurting him that much.

Changbin finally got Taeil and tied his hands behind him while Seungmin tied his feet together. They both helped thei friends but the guy pushed those who were holding him and they all lost strength. The guy took the guy and was about to stab Chan-

A gunshot was heard and they all saw the guy fell on the floor. They were all shocked and looked behind. They saw Detective Chad.

"Are you guys okay?" Detective Chad asked

They all nodded and didn't answer as they were trying their best to bring back their strength.

Back to the basketball court, Hyunjin was not moving nor talking as he watch the Principal cry for her daughter who died 2 years ago.

"When you stopped killing, I was so mad. I want to see you kill more people" Principal Eve said and started laughing crazily

"N-No" Hyunjin

"Why? Was it because of that girl? Hana? Are you stupid? Do you think she likes you? You were not the only guy she entertained. Your friends too, to see who the killer is" Principal Eve

Hyunjin just ignored her "Just leave her out of this mess. I am willing to pay for what I have done. D-Don't tell her"

"Don't tell her what? That you are the killer? Does that make any difference? You will die even if she hates you or not" Principal Eve

"And I still don't want her to hate me" Hyunjin

Principal Eve chuckled "Stupid. A killer doesn't want that one certain person to hate him when that person will hate him forever"

Hyunjin closed his eyes as he tightened his fist.

Principal Eve pulled the tie and the curtain that covers where Hana is was removed.

Hyunjin's eyes widened as he saw Hana. She heard everything.