40

Hana's POV

I don't know but hearing someone close to you was announced dead is the most heartbreaking for me. You didn't expect nor get worried of that person because you know that person will live longer than you do.

I guess it's better to leave someone than be left by that person you love. This hurts like hell. Professor Cole was one of the person who tried to protect us but I ended up suspecting him. He did nothing but protect us in secret and want to kill the killer all by himself to end this mess but everything didn't turned out well. He died. He died trying to save us and our dreams.

I wiped my tears and covered myself with the blanket. I am scared now. I don't know who should I trust now that everyone is dying one by one. The killer might be one of them or might be one of those who were pretending to protect us. I guess entering this school is a bad idea because I kept losing people that I love.

"Ms. Jeon, it's breaktime" nurse said

I stood up and left the clinic with a messy mind. I saw the area where Professor Cole was found dead. There is no warning for us not to enter that place. Everyone is still allowed there after what happened. Every students that passes by kept looking at the same spot where Professor Cole was found. They kept talking about it.

I went to the spot and saw the flower on the floor. It was left there like it wasn't part of the investigation. I picked it up and fixed the petal that was folded.

"I... I will find the killer"

For you and Akira.

I wiped my tears and went to the classroom. No one was there except for their books and notebooks for the next class. I sat on the chair beside the window and opened it. The wind blew like it was trying to dry my tears.

calling Jungkook...

[Hmm? Why?]

"Where are you?"

[Are you okay? Why is your voice like that?]

"O-Our professor was found dead"

[What? What happened?]

"The killer did it again"

[Don't cry. You should go home now. Just rest here and-]

"I'm not going home. I'm fine. I just wanted to tell you"

[Are you okay?]

"I-I am. Just n-need to hear your voice to calm me down"

[You want me to pick you up?]

"No. I need to end the call. Thank you" I hurriedly ended the call

I started crying once again. That was the first time I called Jungkook when I am not okay. I guess hearing his voice can calm me down and make me feel like it was okay. You can't cry right now, Hana. You have to know who the killer is and make sure he will suffer like how he make everyone suffered here.

I took out my notebook and wrote everyone's name there, my classmates, teachers and Principal Eve. I crossed out those who died like Akira, Professor Cole, Ace who was arrested. I underlined those who are the possible killer.

Jeongin can't be the killer. The name below the butterfly is small and it's impossible for the killer to see it so he failed to copy it completely. Seungmin knows about the flowers' meanings but it is impossible for him to be the killer since it wasn't just him who kows about those meanings, even Detective Chad know the meaning.

"Jisung has the possibility-"

"Are you still suspicious of me?" Jisung asked

He was standing at the door, his hands inside his pocket and he is slightly leaning on the wall. He was staring at me and he looks disappointed about what he heard.

"I'm sorry-"

He chuckled "It's fine. Everyone is suspicious of me as well" he entered and sat on the chair in front of me then he faced me "I am also suspecting everyone, even you"

"Why me? I am new here" 

"Hmm but who knows? You might know the killer and you are helping him to do the crimes. Then you are fooling me as well" Jisung

I hit him using the pen "Stupid. Why would I help the killer?"

"That was a joke" he laughed and and messed up my hair "It's really fine to know that you are suspecting me. I don't want you to trust me and always trust yourself. Don't get fooled by me or my words. I can be the killer and it will hurt you if ever you find out like what happened to Akira"

"You must be the killer"

"Right. I am, maybe, the killer that everyone was looking for. Will your forgive me?" Jisung

"No. Why would I forgive you? You killed a lot of people"

"Hmm. As expected from you" he chuckled

"I wonder if Akira is happy right now"

"I saw her in my dream" Jisung said and took the pen from my hand "She wants me to protect you like how you protected us. I promised her"

"Seriously"

"I don't want you to trust me, Hana. Let me protect you" Jisung whispered and faced me

"Whatever"

He caress my cheeks and smiled "I... I promise nothing will happen to you"

I don't understand why...

Why am I not moving away even if I know what will he do next?

He went near me and I closed my eyes...

I felt his lips touched mine.