56

Hana's POV

Her eyes darted to me as she came out of the kitchen. A smile curved on her lips and she sat beside me carrying the plate of watermelon.

"Is there something bothering you?" Mom asked

"Nothing. I just-"

"Was it because of the crime that happened in Sanxia? Hana, it's none of your business. You got out of there. You don't belong there anymore. You don't have to mind what happened" Mom

"You don't understand. The killer welcomed me home. It's the same note that was on the dead body the first time I got there. He either wants to kill me or use me to kill everyone around me. Mom, I don't want to lose anyone anymore. It's either you lose yourself or you lose someone"

Mom sighed "Honey, the killer doesn't have any reason to kill you. I understand if Jeongin is the killer, he does have a reason to be mad at you but the others? You didn't do anything wrong to them"

"Maybe I didn't do anything to them but what if Father did something?"

She looked away and looks like she can't believe what I just said. I am right. If it's not me, maybe it was my Father. The killer knows me the first time I transferred to Sanxia Academy. He is someone who is stalking me for a long time and been watching me my whole life.

"Do you want to leave this place?" Mom asked

I shook my head "You can leave but not me. I will stay and will find out who the killer is" I stood up and went upstairs, to my room.

I looked at the board where all the pictures connected to the crime that kept happening. The eight of them are the suspects, I crossed out Jeongin's photo but didn't remove it. Jeongin can be alive and hiding somewhere, or someone is trying to pretend to be the killer to confuse all of us. Maybe... Jeongin is not the killer and it is one of these seven guys. I don't know. Jungkook is one of the shareholders of Sanxia Academy which is unexpected. Father knows something about the past. Jeongin's Father might know something about what happened to Jeongin. Ace is alive. Jisung and Chan lied. Hyunjin probably knows something too.

"Minho, Seungmin, Felix and Changbin... What do you guys know?"

Detective Chad calling...

"Hello?"

[Great job, Hana]

"What do you mean?"

[Changbin thought Jeongin is alive. It's a good idea that you left the necklace there]

"How did Changbin find out about the necklace?"

[He went there and he wants me to investigate. What's your next plan?]

"I want all of them to believe that Jeongin is alive. Maybe we can catch the killer that way"

"Hana! Felix is here!" Mom shouted outside my room

"I need to go. Felix is here"

[Alright. I'll send you updates]

I ended the call and went to the living room. I saw Felix sitting there waiting for me to come. A smile curved on his lips as he saw me.

"Hey" he greeted

"What brought you here?"

"Uh... You cut communications with us. I just want to ask how are you" he smiled again

Mom put a plate of sweets and drinks in front of us "I'll leave you two here" she smiled and went upstairs, to her room.

"If you are going to ask how I am. Well... I am fine. I'm trying to adjust in the new school-"

"Are you there with Hyunjin?" Felix

My eyes widened because of what he asked. I mean I am expecting him to aks about that since Detective Chad probably told them but why do I feel like he shouldn't know?

"Yeah, unexpectedly. We are not approaching each other, I don't know why but Hyunjin wants us to be strangers instead"

He nodded "As expected. He would rather see you from afar than put you in danger"

"I-I think so?"

He stayed quiet and took a sip of the juice in front of us. I looked at him and he seems bothered about something.

"Did you visit Akira's?"

"Yeah, everyday. I just hope she is alive right now. Her Father kept investing to the orphanage where Akira always volunteers. He kept visiting me too and talking about Akira. He regretted what he did to her" Felix sighed and tears escaped from his eyes "I never imagined I will lost two person. If only I knew, I should've killed the killer instead"

"Felix-"

"It's just crazy that they are at peace now but we are still suffering and longing for them" he chuckled but I can hear pain from his voice "Anyways, they are fine now. That's what matters right now"

I nodded and stayed quiet. This feels kind of weird, seeing him crying over Akira which I never expected. I mean Felix may feel pain but I never thought he would cry. Just thinking of it, I realized that Akira is like his sister whom he really treasures a lot more than himself, and losing someone you are trying to protect hurts a lot.

"Actually, I came here to ask you something" Felix

"Go on"

"The thing is... I just heard it and I can't believe it. I want to hear the answer from you" Felix

I nodded.

"Did you use us for a stupid documentary?"