54

Hyunjin's POV

As I arrived, I saw Hana talking to her brother. I don't know but he looks bothered about something. I was about to enter when she asked something that made me stop.

Hana nodded and sighed "Can you enroll me to Sanxia Academy?"

Jungkook glared at her "Are you kidding me? You seriously want to die?"

"This won't end if no one will make an action. I will do it. I will try to catch the killer" Hana

"I never stopped you when you investigated a lot of times, sacrificing your life! I never talked nor interfere with your decisions! Now can you stop?! The killer is gone. What the hell do you still want? Do you really want to die? Huh? Do you badly want to save everyone without thinking of yourself? Are you a hero? Fuck. You are making  me mad" Jungkook shook his head out of disappointment and got in his car, he drove away.

Hana just watched how her brother left with disappointment after telling him the favor. If I am her brother, I would also get mad at her. She looked at my direction, suddenly her guilt expression changed to shock.

I walked towards her without wasting any time but I can see her took a step back from me. I know she doesn't want anyone to see us approaching each other.

I looked at her "It's not a good idea for you to go back there, Jeon Hana"

She looked at me as well "What do you know? Why does it feel like you are the killer?"

"What if I am? Would that change a thing? That I killed someone to welcome you... Again?"

Her eyes looked away and she chuckled "I don't know anymore. I don't trust any of you-"

I held her wrist and dragged her away from the school as fast as I can, so no one can see us talking to each other. I need to talk to her. I never talked to her even though we are in the same place everyday. We arrived at an empty place far from our school, no one can notice or recognize us here.

"What do you want? Didn't you denied to everyone that you know me? Why are you acting like-" Hana

I kissed her.

I don't know. I just...

I just missed her a lot.

She slapped me "What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"Hana, listen to me" I said and sighed as I held both of her arms "I don't want to deny you nor ignore you. Believe me or not. I missed you so much. You don't know how much it hurts stopping myself from hugging you whenever I see you. I badly want to ask you if you missed me or did you ever thought of me. It was... hard"

"Why can't you approach me? Why? I don't understand-" Hana

"Everyone knows I am one of the main suspect in Sanxia Academy. I was there when a lot of students died. I am one of the students who saw how Jeongin died. All of those haunted me and I thought cutting communication with them and staying here would change a thing. I was wrong. I did my best to move forward but it was hard. Everyone in our school knows me. They are all trying their best to stay away from me. I know some of them admire me but that won't change the fact that I am one of the main suspect. I... denied that I know you because... I don't want you to feel the same way I did. I want them to treat you as someone who is involved in the crime"

"Hyunjin-" Hana

"I love you and I am willing to hurt myself just to see you safe. That will make me feel better"

Hana started crying and hugged me tight "I'm sorry. I'm sorry if you are suffering alone"

"It's fine. It doesn't hurt me at all. I really don't care about them. When you left, I thought it was the best decision you ever made. I never thought you will come back and I will able to see you again. You don't know how happy I am"

"Let's go back to Sanxia together. Let's find out who the killer is, and clear our names" Hana

"No, let's no go back there. Let's stay away from everyone. Let's live together"

"What about them? Your friends? How about the justice for the students who died? What about the innocent ones? How about Akira?" Hana

"How about... me?"

She looked at me with confuse expression "What do you mean?"

"Can't we just leave them? Let's not-"

"Hyunjin, they are your friends! We can't just leave them alone! We can't just let them be in danger and live happily! Do you think we will be happy knowing that a lot of people will die because we turned our backs on them? Hyunjin... Please" Hana

"I'm begging you. For the last time, I am asking you to live with me and leave this place together"

She removed my hand from her and sighed out of disappointment. She closed her eyes and leaned on the wall while thinking of something.

"Hana, please go with me-"

"Hyunjin, remember the first time we met when I transferred here? You secretly approached me. You mentioned that it is starting again and he is coming for me next" Hana

I looked at her.

She looked at me "How did you know?"