128

Hana's POV

(Next day)

It is finally the most awaited day. I am not sure whether to have fun or not. What happened last night is more horrible than the other crimes... Our Professor Trina died as well which we didn't expect to happen.

"J, you should eat"

J shook her head and covered with blanket "I am not hungry"

"It's lunch time. You should eat. I know you are not okay with what happened last night. There is nothing we can do"

"J, Hana is right. It's not like we wanted that to happen. I am sure Yoon will get mad at you if you will keep doing this" Katana said

She stayed silent.

"I have to go. Make sure to wait for her"

"No worries, Hana. I'll wait for her" Katana said

I left the room and went to the music room to practice. I thought I am going to be alone there, but Seungmin is there. He is singing a song which I think he will perform tonight.

"Excuse me?"

He looked at me "Sorry, I didn't notice you"

"Ah, it was fine. I just got here. Do you mind if I stay here and practice? I promise I won't sing louder"

He chuckled "Sure. You can practice here. I'll practice quietly too for you to focus"

"Thanks. Are you going to sing too?"

"Yeah, probably before you or after you. I am not sure" he answered

"Fighting! I'm going to watch you for sure"

"I'll watch your performance too" he smiled

I just gave him a smile.

I sat in front of the piano and started playing the intro part transitioned to bridge part. I have to start with the bridge part to the end of the song. I think it'll be the highlight and I don't want to sing that long, since, Chan, Seungmin, Jeongin, Jisung and Changbin will sing too.

"Can I talk to you?" Seungmin asked

"Huh? Yeah, sure"

"Why did you lie?" he asked

"Me? What do you mean?"

"You are not Ashika" he said while staring

"When did I say I am Ashika? You guys were assuming that I am Ashika. It wasn't my fault"

"Then, why didn't you clear it? I was so excited to be with you, to confess and to protect you. It turned out to be false" Seungmin faked a smile as he closed his eyes and sighed "But... No matter how mad I am when I was fooled that you are Ashika. I can't get mad at you nor hurt you"

"Huh?"

"I... I am thankful" he whispered

"Thankful of what?"

"I am thankful to you. Slowly, I realized Ashika won't come back to me. It's acceptance, I guess" he smiled genuinely and showed me a necklace "I... I am finally free"

"Seungmin-"

"You should practice. I have to leave and help others. Take care" he said and left the music room

I noticed a photo on the floor, which I think he didn't notice. I picked up the photo and saw a message at the back of it.

Thank you, Ashika. Thank you so much.

It must've been hard for him to forget Ashika. They are best friends, he likes her which he regret not telling her sooner. He has a lot of regrets and fear when it comes to Ashika. I hope one day he will able to forget and be free from the pain.

But I think... Ashika is still alive.
_______________________

(Night)

It's almost time for our foundation day but I am still in my room, getting ready and still nervous for my performance.

Someone knocked on the door.

"It's open, come in"

J entered with a smile on her face "Goodluck on your performance"

"Thank you. You should watch. Don't forget about our deal"

She chuckled and nodded "Of course! You will have to treat me for a month"

"Hana! You are the opening!" one student shouted

"Let's go"

Both J and I went to the quadrangle of our school where the foundation program will happen. Jisung is already on the stage and he signaled me to come up.

"Good luck!" Katana shouted

J smiled at me.

I went to the stage and sat infront of the piano. I signaled Jisung and we both started playing the intro of the song I choice, then transitioned to the bridge part.

How did someone like you come to me?
If only we could be together right now
How nice would it be

As I looked at the crowd singing the first song, the first one who caught my attention is Hyunjin.

Like the words written in the sand
Where the waves are
I’m afraid you’ll disappear
So I always miss you
I can’t take out
All the things written in my diary
But this means that I love you

A smile curved on his lips as we met each others' gaze. He gave me a nod and continued swaying his head along with the song.

Tonight, I’ll send you the firefly from that day
To your window
I hope you have sweet dreams

Am I still in love with the Hyunjin from my dream? Or am I in love with the Hyunjin in front of me? What's the difference? I want to have a happy ending with him...

As I sang the last line, I noticed J crying while staring at me. A smile curved on her lips and mouthed-

"I'm sorry"