97

Hyunjin's POV

(Next day)

I leaned on the swivel chair as I rest my whole body. I can see the view of the city from where my office is. Everything seems normal. All the places seems peaceful. Is it really peaceful? Is everything really normal down there?

"Your sister is here, sir" secretary

"Tell her to leave"

"Yes, sir" secretary answered and left

After how many years, she came back. What for? This is crazy. She left me. She said he will make it up to me and will come back soon but she never did. She will come back to Korea because of her friends not me.

"Hwang Hyunjin" Jiyoon shouted as she entered "Let go of me. Will you?"

"Leave us"

My secretary bowed and left the office. I looked at my sister and she is well dressed. She seems like a different person than she is before.

"Are you crazy? I found out a lot of things that involves you. Why would you let those ruin you?" Jiyoon

"Aren't you going to greet me first? It's been a long time"

"Hwang Hyunjin, please. This is not you anymore. You are better than that person you are now. What is happening to you? Why are you letting those things happen? You are better than that" Jiyoon

"I am afraid to tell you but this is the better version of me. Don't you like it? I am not scared to lose anyone and I am used to being left behind. I am used to being the second option. I am used to crying all night, having one beside me. I am lot stronger than what you think and I think this is great. I won't feel pain anymore"

Jiyoon looked down "I'm sorry"

"You don't have to be sorry. You all left me but none of you is the reason why I am like this. I chose to be this version of myself and I am used to it"

"No, you should go back to who you really are. I'll help you clear your name. I won't let anyone ruin you. I don't call myself a lawyer if I can't even help my inspiration when I was still studying" Jiyoon

I smiled at her "Thank you but I prefer being ruined. I feel better that way. I want everyone to hate me and abandon me. Also, I won't lefr my friends behind. If they are involved, I will get myself involve too. What friends are for?"

She sighed and looked away "Jeon Hana..."

"How do you know her?"

"I knew her brother. Do you know that she is in the hospital? It's her second day today" Jiyoon

"I'm about to visit her. Thanks for reminding me" I took my suit with me, phone and wallet as I was about to leave. I looked at her and smiled "It was nice seeing you again. This might be the last time. Thank you"

She looked at me.

I left the building, avoiding everyone as much as I can. I avoided their eyes too and even going near them. As I recahed the parking lot, I got in my car and there. I bursts into tears as I drove my car away from the building to the hospital where Hana is. 

For so many years, she never paid a visit to me and now she will act like some nice older sister? How I wish it was easy to forget it. She is the only one I have yet she even drifted away. I am thankful that she still knows me but I don't want to see her again. If I have to leave, I will leave.

As I arrived at the hospital, I went to 4th floor room 305 which Changbin texted me. He updated me about Hana and told me that she is doing great. I entered her room and no one was there. It's just her, alone, sleeping. I sat beside her and stared at her face for a few seconds.

"What I experienced is nothing compared to yours... I'm sorry for what I have said. I don't know but I don't think nothing is wrong with what I told you, it's just I feel like I have to apologize. If only I wasm't triggered about seeing you with Ace, it won't affect the engagement. I thought everything is fine, I planned everything very well, not until you changed your mind. I'm sorry for being insensitive and thinking of myself only"

I held her hand as tight as I can and stared at her face. I wiped my tears as it fell down from my eyes.

"I am drowning. I wanted someone to help me and I knew you can help me but... I am too much. I leaned on you too much and you got tired. I am sorry. I..." I kept crying and can't even control myself "I just need someone to reach out their hand and save me from drowning"

Everything messes up with me. I am not safe anywhere I go. I am drowning in my own sea of problems. I tried to reach but no one was- I mean someone reached out to me but never saved me. Maybe no one is really there for me. I only have myself and only myself.

I'm sorry for loving you too much. I know it's late for us to reconcile and Inknow you don't want that but please stay with me.

"I need you more than they do..."