You/Yumeko Jabami - Field

"It's poison

"It's poison."

Both Ryota and Mary were shocked to hears the words come out of Runa. They couldn't understand how Yumeko had been poisoned.

"Our family works with pharmaceuticals, we know what it looks like when someone is poisoned."

Mary quickly turns to face the two girls, glaring at them as she saw them smile.

"You poisoned her!"

"We did no such thing and you can't prove it."

Runa starts to laugh and begins to explain what had happened to Yuriko, pissing Mary off.

"You knew about what they were doing and you didn't do anything?!"

"I'm neutral. I can't do anything to help either side. Besides, it happened before the gamble. That was out of my hands."

"Mary, what are we going to do? We need to take her to the hospital. We also need to tell (y/n). Maybe she can help."

Miyo covers her mouth, as she attempts to hide cover her laugh.

"Forgive me but Yumeko could die. Part of the reason why people who have been poisoned die is because they don't know what they've been poisoned with." She pulls out a baggie with a syringe. "I happen to know what she's been poisoned for. We can gamble for it."

X

After winning the match, Mary, Ryota and Ririka rushed Yumeko to the infirmary with the antidote. The nurse was nowhere in sight and it would take too long for the ambulance to get there.

"Go get (y/n)! She can administer the antidote. We'll stay with her."

Ryota didn't argue with Mary. He didn't want to get on her bad side after what she had done with Miyo and Miri.

X

Ryota takes a second outside of your class to catch his breath. Without caring if he was interrupting class, he barges inside.

"(y/n)! It's Yumeko, she's been poisoned and we need you."

You don't bother to grab your things as you run out with him.

"W...what happened? How did she get poisoned?"

"I'll tell you later. We need to hurry so you can administer the antidote."

X

The two of you arrived to find Yumeko in an even worse state than how Ryota had left her. You panicked as you saw Yumeko sweating and breathing quickly. It meant the poison was acting fast and she didn't have much time left.

"Where's the antidote?!"

"Here!"

Mary hands you the baggie and you quickly pull it out to inject it. As soon as you do, her breathing seems to regulate.

"She'll be okay. Her body will just need some time to let the antidote circulate her body." They're all relieved to hear the news. Mary didn't want to admit it but she had been worried when she saw Yumeko passed out on the couch. Ryota felt guilty, hating that he could't stop you. "So what happened? How did Yumeko get poisoned."

"Before accepting a gambling match, she was poisoned by Miyo. We didn't find out until late in the gamble about the poisoning. We were going to tell you but there wasn't much you could do until we got the antidote."

Mary explains. You nod and run your fingers through Yumeko's hair as you watched her chest rise and fall.

"T..thank you for saving her. I don't k..now what I would've done."

You stutter, suddenly feeling self-consciousness from being stared at. The two of them were your friends but you weren't as comfortable with them as you were with Yumeko. It also didn't help that the Vice-President kept staring at you. The mask was scaring you and it took everything in you to not run out of the room.

"She's our friend. We weren't going to let anything happen to her."

"C..can you watch her for a second? I just need to get a t..towel to help her cool off."

When they agree, you rush out of the curtains to find a towel. Once outside, you let out a sigh of relief and hurry to grab a towel.

X

You return to find Mary and the Vice President had left Ryota with Yumeko.

"Mary said you'll probably be more comfortable alone. I only stayed to watch her until you returned. I'll go."

He takes off, leaving you alone with Yumeko. With everyone gone, you feel much more relaxed. You get to work, makings sure that Yumeko was comfortable with the cool towel. Once you were done, you took a seat and held her hand while you waited for her to wake up.

X

You spent the majority of the next few hours changing her towel and making sure that the antidote had done its work. Just as you were about to fall asleep, Yumeko wakes up.

"Yumeko! You're awake."

She gives you a wide smile when her eyes land on you.

"W..what hap..."

"Let me get you some water. Your throat must be dry."

You're quick to run out and return with a glass of water. Yumeko eagerly takes large sips, sighing in relief as the cool water ran down her throat.

"What happened?"

"Well you got poisoned and Mary along with Ryota saved you."

"I knew they would save me!"

You roll your eyes as you gently smack her arm.

"You need to stop getting yourself into trouble, Yumeko. You're lucky that I was here to give you the antidote or else it might've been too late for you."

Yumeko brings your hand up to her lips and kisses the back of it.

"and I knew you would help save me. You always do."

"It would be extremely helpful if you stopped getting into trouble. You're going to give me a heart attack one day."

"Maybe you should teach me CPR."

"Yumeko! That is not what I want to hear."

Yumeko just laughs as she notices the blush on your cheeks. It was always so fun to rile you up, you were always so quick to blush and stutter.