You/Yuriko Nishinotouin - Club Part 1

Standing at the doors of the club, you were suddenly feeling ridiculous for even thinking about joining the club. You've always heard about how exclusive they were and how selective they were about the members. It was silly to think that you would even be allowed in. You were a transfer student from out of the country that had no business to even think about joining. With a sad sigh, you turn around and make your way to the front doors of the school.

"(y/n)? What are you doing here?"

You turn around to find Yuriko actually talking to you. You didn't even know that she knew your name. 

"I..I was just heading home."

"Really? You were standing outside the door for so long. I thought you were going to come in."

Your cheeks turn a light shade of pink, embarrassed that you had been caught. 

"Uh..no. I was but then I remembered that I had a test to study for so I can't go in."

"A test? Oh! The math one? I need to study for it too. Maybe we could study together?"

You wanted to say no, knowing that you would be unable to concentrate on what you would be studying but you couldn't bring yourself to do so. 

"I'll love to."

"Excellent. Come in. We don't have anything on the agenda so we're just using the room to do our homework and to study."

"Ohh. Great. I suppose that I came at the right time then."

X

You had been right. It was nearly impossible to study for your test. Yuriko would explain some of the concepts to you but you had no clue what she really was saying. You were nervous to be sitting so close to her. You liked her a lot and you hoped that she wouldn't have noticed your lack of attention. 

"I think we're both prepared. What do you think? Do you want to go over something else or are we done for the night?"

"I think we're prepared. Thank you for helping me. I really appreciated it."

She gives you a smile.

"No problem. Maybe we can do this another time."

"I'd love to." You say, knowing that you weren't going to step foot near the club again. There was no way that you could survive another interaction with her. You had barely lasted through the study session. "Are you already home or will you be staying longer?"

"Oh. I'll be staying a little longer. I have to wait until everyone's gone to lock up. I can walk you out though."

"That's not necessary. I don't want to waste your time, Yuriko."

"Oh, please. I'm offering. Plus, it's not safe to walk alone in the dark."

She was already walking out of the room, unable to give you a chance to decline her offer again. 

X

 You had stayed up all night to study what Yuriko had thought you just so you wouldn't fail. As soon as you were dismissed for lunch, you found Yuriko to be waiting outside your classroom door. 

"How was the test? Easy, right? I think our study session helped."

"Yeah, it was easy. Thanks again for the help, Yuriko."

She frowns when she notices how exhausted you looked. 

"Did you get any sleep, (y/n)? You look tired?"

"Not really. I had this project to do."

"Project? For what class?"

Not wanting to get caught, you quickly switched subjects. 

"Just this class. I don't think that you have it." 

"Oh, alright. Before, I forget. We're having a club meeting. Maybe you could join us."

"Me? But I'm not a member."

"I'm the head of the club. I'm allowing you to join us. Will you?"

"I'd love to."

X

You again found yourself starring at the door of the club. This time, you had an invention to go in but you couldn't bring yourself to do so. 

"(y/n), are you coming in?"

Yuriko had stepped out for a second, surprised that you were just standing at the front of the door. 

"Y..yeah. I just got here."

Yuriko didn't believe you but she let it go as you walked in with her. You could feel the stares from the rest of the members and you wanted for the ground to open up and take you in. You should've known that it wouldn't have been a good idea to go to the meeting. 

"Everyone, this is (full name). Lets all make her feel welcome." They all greet you with fakes smiles but you paid no attention to them. The only one you cared for in the club was Yuriko who seemed to be genuinely smiling at you. "So today we'll discuss..."

X

"You're not really interested in the club, are you?"

She asks you as the two of you walked together after the meeting had ended. 

"W..what? Of course, I am. It's interesting."

"Really? But you hardly seemed like you were interested in what I was saying or what the other members were saying."

Shit. You had been caught. You were too distracted by Yuriko to be really paying attention to what they were all saying. 

"I did pay attenti..on."

"Name one thing that we were talking about."

"...something about a bowl?"

"I invited you because I thought you would be interested in the club to learn about Japanese culture. Not to come in and waste our time. I don't think you should com...."

"Yuriko, wait. I am interested. It's ju..."

"Just what?"

The only way that Yuriko wasn't going to think that you were an asshole for ignoring everything was to tell her the truth. 

"I was distracted by...you."

Your answer surprises, Yuriko. She already had in mind to continue reprimanding you for your lame excuse but your answer changed things. She was curious as to why she was distracted you. 

"Me? How come?"

You take a deep breath, unable to meet her eyes as you talked. 

"I was also unable to focus during our study session because of you. The truth is that I like you, Yuriko and it's impossible for me to think straight when you're around. I get nervous when you're close by and it makes it nearly impossible to concentrate on anything but you. It's even worse when we accidentally touch."

Yuriko was actually smiling. You had made the right choice to tell her. She wasn't going to hate you. 

"You're cute, (y/n). I suspected as much but wanted for you to tell me. Now that I know, maybe we can go out on a date."

"A d..date?"

"Yes, a date. Unless you don't want to."

"No! I'd love to go on a date with you."

"I look forward to it and the next time that you join us. I expect for you to actually pay attention or I won't be so forgiving next time. I care about my club and I expect for you to do so as well."

You quickly nodded. Knowing that now you'll be able to concentrate better after knowing that she liked you back.