You/Kirari Momobami - Business Part 1

"The two of you are to be married by the end of the year

"The two of you are to be married by the end of the year."

Kirari's expression remained neutral despite feeling like her entire world was crashing and burning. Just last night, she had given Sayaka a promise ring.

"I don't understand. Why wasn't this previously discussed with us? This is the first time that I'm hearing of this."

Kirari turns to face you but you remain facing your parents. She rolls her eyes and turns back to face the clan elders.

"We discussed it previously. Had you shown up to the meetings, you would've known what we were planning all along."

"What if I refuse. I don't even know her."

"Then we'll strip you of the family name and toss you out. We have no need for children that disobey orders."

Her father answers. Kirari might be his favorite child but the family's business came first. If she wasn't going to obey then she had no place with the Bami's.

"Then if it's already decided, I accept."

X

Despite never getting along before the arranged marriage, you did your best to get along with Kirari. You wanted to at least make things bearable for her but she was difficult to be around with. Anything you did to make her happy, ended up just infuriating her. It was obvious that Kirari hated you and you completely understood. You would also be angry if you were dating someone else and found out that your father arranged a marriage for you with someone else.

The least you could do was turn a blind eye when Kirari made it obvious she was cheating on you.

"I'll be out for the night."

"Be safe and remember that we have a meeting with the elders tomorrow."

You flinch when she slams the door shut on her way out. With a sigh, you lay down on the couch and a romantic movie. They used to be your favorite but they were difficult to watch after getting engaged to Kirari. You had always dreamed of falling in love and eventually getting married but that was never going to happen. Your father had married you off for a business transaction and being the obedient daughter that you always were, you didn't protest. It helped that you might be a little in love with Kirari.

X

You're woken up in the early morning by the sound of glass breaking. Thinking that there was an intruder, you hurried to hide under the bed and call emergencies. Before the operator could answer, you heard Kirari's voice followed by more glass breaking. You head downstairs to find nearly all your plates and cups broken on the floor. The sight of them made you tear up, as they had been a gift from your late grandmother. You were about to yell at her but stopped when you saw her crying.

"Oh, Kirari."

You wrapped her up in your arms, holding her tightly as she cried in your chest. She attempted to push you away but you continued to hold on to her. You whispered words of comfort until her cries subsided. You let her go, handing her napkins to wipe away her tears.