You/Yumemi Yumemite - Self Part 1

Yumemi had lost. She had been so confident about winning against Yumeko that she didn't think about the consequences of what would happen if the tape had been revealed.  Most importantly that you would be in the audience to hear her true self. Saori had attempted to convince Yumeko to forget about the tape but she couldn't brush the tape under the rug. If she ever wanted for dream to come true and have a real relationship with you, the tape needed to be heard. 

"Play the tape, Saori."

"But, Yumemi..."

"Please. Just play the tape."

She says in a defeated tone. Her dream of becoming an actress would be a thing of the past and she was going to lose you. Wiping her tears away, she raises her head to look for you in the audience. She could losing her chance of being an actress but she couldn't handle losing you. 

X

You're worried about her. It was obvious with a glance to your face. Yumemi was always better at hiding her emotions. 

"Kaede, what is going on? What did you do?"

He simply smirks, fixing his glasses as he looks back up to the stage. 

"I didn't do anything that she didn't deserve. She's had this coming. She's been lying to everyone and I'm tired of everyone thinking that she's this perfect girl."

You gripped the armrests tightly, stopping yourself from punching him in the face. Sitting between the two of you, Runa just laughs as she hears the two of you. She was glad that she hadn't missed the show. 

The speakers come alive with Yumemi's voice. Her true nature is finally revealed as she insults every single fan of her that has supported her since she started her career. You're unable to believe what you were hearing. You knew that Yumemi was always hiding something from you but you didn't think it would be this. How much of herself was she hiding from you?

X

The tape comes to an end and the auditorium is dead silent. Yumemi started to cry as the two of you locked eyes. She could tell that you were upset and all she wanted to do was run down and apologize. Grabbing the microphone, she apologizes about everything. She's in tears by the time she finishes, no one has said a word but that was enough to tell her everything. Her dreams were over and you were going to breakup with her. You couldn't meet her eyes after what you heard. 

"WE LOVE YOU, YUMEMI!"

A fan yells and then the rest follow. The support of her fans is enough to distract her from you so she focuses on the song that they demand for her to sing. It soon finishes and Yumeko begins her search for the real culprit of everything. When it's revealed that Kaede had been behind everything, Yumemi slips out. Everyone was now focused on him so they wouldn't see her make her way to you. 

"Where did she go?"

"Oh, (y/n)? She left before the song started. If you hurry, you can catch her."

Runa laughed as she watched Yumemi run. The day was just getting better and better. 

X

"Wait, (y/n)!"

Yumemi had been able to catch up to you as you were grabbing your things from the student council room. If it hadn't been for the homework that was due tomorrow, you would've left everything behind to avoid being caught by Yumemi.

"Not now, Yumemi. I need to go."

"Please. I just want to talk."

"For what? So you can continue lying to me? Was any part of our relationship real? Do you even like me or were you using me to stop any of your fans from continuing to ask you out on dates."

"Everything was real! I..I just hid some parts of myself. The ugly ones that I knew you would hate.   I asked you out because I liked you, not to use you as a shield."

You sigh, unsure of what to tell her. What was the point of a relationship if you were going to hide part of yourself?

"I don't even know what to tell you, Yumemi. How long were you going to hide part of yourself from me? I don't even care about the fact that you insulted every single fan of yours. I just care about the fact that you lied. How can we have a relationship when you've lied."

Yumemi is crying at this point. She doesn't even bother to stop the tears as you talk to her. She would get to live her to dream but she was going to lose you. 

"Let me fix things. I'll stop hiding. I'll be more honest. I'll do anything, just please don't break up with me. I can't lose you."

All you wanted to do was wrap her in your arms to comfort her but you couldn't. Not after she lied to you. 

"I'm sorry, Yumemi, but we're over. I don't think there's anything that you could do to fix what you broke."

You turn around and start making your way out of the academy in a hurry before she has a chance to see your tears. You didn't want to break up with her, you loved her more than anything else but you were always going to have that feeling if she was lying to you.