An Understanding of the Future: Chapter 18 Arc 2 Finale

Narrator pov

Zed walked through the halls of the monastery as he was pondering the events of 2 days ago. The battle Puboe was a complete success, as the Ionia sent the Noxians back to their fleeting ships. The bravery and heroism of all the people was said to be one of Ionia's greatest acts in most of its history, or what the news reported said it was. 

The big hulking monster that was said to be there, was defeated by Captain Irelia, Chair woman Karma, Fist of Shadows' Akali, The heart of tempest Kennen, and . .  . Y/N, Grandson of Euros the Light Wielder

The thought of this didn't sit well with Zed. He always had a feeling that Y/N Wasn't just some boy from a town of nowhere, even his father was a war hero, but never did he believe in his grandson being part of his order.

It also didn't help Zed knowing that the man to take down the hulking man was Y/N and the Rebellion. How could such a young man like himself even think about taking down something like that. For him it would still be a close fight if it was 1 on 1. There was something he didn't understand about him.

Zed: To say he his strong is something else entirely, he may not be on my level, but if he continues this path of training, he will be and soon. He will know soon of his Grandfather' fate, until then I have to aim for recovering my forces and my own strength, I cannot and will not rely on Shen's help( not that h would help me anymore anyway) He will want revenge, if it comes to that I have to make sure to be careful about how I continue to survey Ionia from here. I will have to take some of my men from Quinlon  guarded spots, even if the Vastayans get to them that won't matter until his life or his loyalty is with me.

Zed made it to his bed chambers as he sat on his bed. He could feel the lingering pain from his battle with Euros. Despite all of Shen's shields the light of each attack still hit him in full amounts. If he had not ran away when he did, he might have died that very night.

Zed: I must alert Kayn of this. He will not like it but he must know of our plans in the near future. That Scythe he has is also helping his training, I knew the power of Darkin weapons was great, but this is something bigger then that. I just hope he can overcome the Darkins influence. One of them will come out on top, I just hope its Kayn.

Zed looked back at his journal of plans and proceeded to write down his thoughts as he began to drift to sleep.

During this time Kayn was outside in the Order of shadows training room. Sweat soaked his body as all the dummies, targets and other training devices were all broken and scattered across the room.

Rhaast( Boy, your training has become much better. I can see that my power has helped your training tremendously.)

Kayn looked to the nearby mirror on the side of the wall and looked at the progress he had made over the past weeks.

He could feel the power and strength coursing through him like a river. It felt good.

Kayn: Thanks to you I can feel my power surging everyday, even now I bet Y/N couldn't even take me on!