Zed's Obsession, A Talk With Heroes: Chapter 24 Arc 3

Narrator pov

Zed could feel the armor around him cling tightly to his skin. His old battle armor was sitting on a table a little ways away from the middle of the room. The suit was just right, fit perfectly to his body even to every crevice and nick. His new shurikens were attached to his back and he raised up his arms where the blades were being attached by the cloaked figures around him.

Follower: Master Zed, This will be the final pieces of the armor, with this we can finally set our goals onto the attack of our base soon. The spy came back and told us all we had to know. They plan to attack in the night with a small force of the main force that took down Sion a few months ago. They are after you and the shard.

Follower leader: They know of our base and all we have. However we just have to insert the Runic shard from the dealer into your armor. You will be unstoppable Sir!

Zed examined his suit as he grabbed his helmet and inspected it.

Zed: I understand that the Runic shards power can be drawn out in many ways, but how do you know this will not end badly.

The followers were silent as the leader walked up to Zed and spoke.

Follower Leader: Master Zed, we have tried to tell you time and time again, we don't know. You said you wanted strength and you would do anything to get it. We offered you this solution and we hoped you take it to heart as this is very new. The energy of the crystal is almost unstable, however with this suit it should cancel out its harming effects for enough time for you to fight your way through anything they throw.

Zed: . . .  I understand.  I am ready to start the process, for the first test.

Follower Leader: Excellent, everyone start the process.

A door opened as a crystal of the same red energy from before was carried on a fancy pillow as the carrier walked down and kneeled down to give it to the follower leader.

Zed put on the helmet as the follower back up and watched in excitement. The leader opened the back of Zed armor, in the space where his shurikens almost met. He placed the crystal in the circular hole where it was planned to be put. The shard was put in as the back  as the door to it was shit tight.

The suit flashed a bright red light emitted as Zed's body tensed up and his screams could be a heard. The light got brighter and brighter as it suddenly stopped. The room went silent as Zed was kneeling on the ground in pain. The light of the moon from the middle of the room glowed just a bit darker as a feint blue glow lit up the back of his suit.

The blades of his armor turned blue and he stared at the blades on his hands. He stood up and looked all around. He could feel something gnawing at the back of his mind, but it could be repressed like a feeling he could ignore, but the power was there. Something about his body he could feel rejuvenated, like he was 20 years younger.

Zed: It works, I can feel the power in my body and the emotion of the shard being repressed in my mind.

Follower Leader: I am so glad that the test was a success master Zed.

Zed:( Time to take this thing for a spin.)

He crouched down and leaped with all his might. He flew straight out of the hole in the ceiling where the moon beamed down. He flew into the air until he was super high. He could see the entirety of  the land around him and looked around and smiled. He propelled his body downward and landed back in the room with a crash.

Zed: This is exactly what I needed. Something to level the playing field or even beat it down. Where is Kayn?

Follower leader: He is awaiting your orders for now sir. That scythe has been giving him powers that you can't even imagine.