Zed's awakening, Sound Vs Mob: Chapter 35 Arc 4

Shen pov

It has been a day since the attack on the monastery as the whole Placidium was in an uproar as the whole place as swarming with nurses and doctors of all kind. I was lucky enough to have doctor see me quickly. My eye and hand were not able to be replaced, thank fully my twilight vision allows more dynamic view so the eye was never a big deal. However, with my left hand holding a sword will be much more difficult. I however, cannot give up the eye of twilight position, not yet. There needs to be a soul strong enough to withstand the spirits to do so.

I walked towards the top of the Placidium with the more elegant folks. The Placidium is set up like a level system. Every floor has the same contents as any other floor but the quality of each floor is better for every level. Even Irelia who was the captain of the army and chairwoman of the counsel hold had access to the second to last floor. However after this, they were all sent to the top floor on the peak of the mountain.

I walked into the medicinal ward as all the nurses and doctors walked past me. I went to the room at the end of the hall as a doctor came out.

Doctor: Shen, I see you have come to see him, yes?

Shen: I have, I wanted to see the progress with him.

Doctor: He has just woken up, HIs legs are still beyond repair, but everything else is fine. I am surprised you took this guy back with you, to the top floor as well. Did you feel bad for him?

Shen: I knew him long ago, when he was a different man. Now, I don't know what he is, maybe he is still the Zed we had just fought.

Doctor: Just be careful, he seems different.

The doctor walked away as I sighed once more. I opened the door. Light was shining down through the window to the left of the room. I looked in the middle to see Zed sitting in a nice bed with his head staring out the window. He looked to me with eyes wide in surprise.

Zed: Shen!

Shen: Zed, how are you feeling?

Zed: I don't know, I can't feel my legs, my memory is hazy. What happened after you stabbed me?

Shen:( He seriously doesn't remember does he? Is that possible? How can he not remember how he almost killed all of us?)

Shen: The shard took over your body and memories, it tried to kill us all. Luckily we were able to take you down with the shard as well. Look.

I pulled out the broken shards of the rune as the feint glow of its power still lingered. I look at Zed to see him shaking and shivering.

Shen: Zed?

Zed: I'm sorry, its just I keep thinking about what happened. I wanted to give up after all that, but it seem like something else happened. I'm sorry.

Shen: Zed, you have committed so many crimes, and now you are just saying sorry?

Zed: I understand, but something after that happened. I just remember  how much pain I was in within my soul. I remember being trapped in a dark space I couldn't leave, it felt like for days. I remember screaming people's names and asking for help. I understood why people say that stuff was dangerous, I could have destroyed Ionia, in my seek for power, and now my legs don't work, I guess this is what I get for being such a villain.

I looked at Zed with a look of surprise on my face. A smile creeped on my face.

Shen:( It seems we got the best out of the situation. Zed is now thinking about his actions, he understands the pain and suffering everybody has went through. The real question is what will he do to make it up to everyone that lost their lives to him?)