Viego's Rage, Celebratory Drinks: Chapter 183 Arc 2 Ruined Saga

Narrator pov

Viego held his breath, just for the moment as he could this spark of rage burn inside him. There was no flagon in his pocket, for it was gone. He knew the moment he walked into his newly acquired bed chamber in the Shadow Isles, that there was nothing. He grasped his sword as he swung it wildly across the decorated room.

Vex watched as his anger was only through the destruction of everything around him. It didn't scare her as much as confuse her. What did he need those stupid little objects for anyway? What made them so precious to him? And why wasn't just the destruction of them enough for him, that was what she was here for...Right?

Vex: Viego?

Viego was clutching his sword hard as he threw it to the ground as he walked across to his throne in the middle of the room and sat down with head in his hands and the black and green Mist around him fluttering. He held his pointer finger and his thumb close together

Viego: This close... I WAS THIS CLOSE!

Vex: You were going to die if you fought him, although that probably wouldn't have been so bad. Why are these items so important to you anyway... I thought you just wanted to take over the world?

Viego: I do, but that requires something that each of those items brings. Not only will I be able to rule over this darkness, but... She will be there as well.

Vex: She?

Viego thought to himself for a second. He had not told Vex the reason for her usefulness and he knew that telling her would just end this little relationship they had. Vex had only one reason to be there, and Viego knew that well, so in his plans he made sure to note the things only Vex found interesting enough to see.

Viego reached into his jacket pocket as he pulled out the small ivory comb and felt it gently. Despite being a wraith, and not having the feelings of a regular human, his love for his queen was true, and he knew it well.

Viego: It's an expression... What I mean is, she was in victory, it is an ancient saying from Camavor and I intend to end this as quickly as possible.

Thresh: Oh~

Viego looked towards his door as Vex was still just standing there, when she looked back to see the same skeleton-faced man, known as Thresh. Thresh walked closer to Viego with his hook and lantern at his side and his arms out open.

Thresh: My king, it seems to me that-

Viego: Spare me your humor and tell me why you are here. I have no time to deal with the likes of you, as I am still speaking to my partner.

Vex: Get in line.

Thresh: Must I have a reason to see my king, the man who will bring the Shadow Isles to greatness? The man who-

Viego: I said spare me the details... I need a reason to see your face now, I am not in a great mood, do something to worsen that, and we will have problems.

Thresh: Oh~ It seems I have struck a nerve?

Viego: What do you want?

Thresh: I do have something your highness. I know about the exchange with Y/N and his merry band from around the grapevine, if you will. However this is just a setback nothing more.

Viego: What are you saying?

Thresh: What I mean is, there is something I think you should know. You want to destroy Y/N, correct?

Viego thought for a moment, as he could only think about the imprisonment within the amulet. His soul bound to the necklace as he felt this soul chained to it for all eternity. The cold grasp as it kept him down, as if he was drowning, with no escape.