Dragon and Mist: Chapter 171 Arc 1 Ruined Saga

Narrator pov

You quickly ran through the disgusting streets of Demacia as you, Gwen and Poppy were all running behind the others as they made their way up to a large scale building in the middle of Demacia.

Y/N: What is that place?

Vayne: This is the Mageseeker compound. It is one of the more important places around here.

Y/N: Mageseeker?

Lucian: They are an order of Demacian soldiers made to capture people, more specifically mages.

Y/N: Like bad mages? Like a prison?

Lucian:... No, it is for any mage, regardless of where you are from in Demacia. Demacia is a place of anti magic, people here fear and treat magic with a great disdain. It is usually a place for people with those kinds of gifts.

Y/N: How could they do that?

Lucian: If you knew the history, then maybe you would understand as well. Magic more then hundreds of years ago was nothing more then terror. Accounts of destructive power and whole civilizations crumbling, it was horrid... There had to be a place where Magic was no more, where the powers could be nulled and you could be safe.

Y/N: Here huh? I suppose. But if you take all of them, then how would you know if they could help others?

Vayne: What if they do something terrible and kill everyone.

Y/N: Evil grows where hope shines. Don't give me some random shit about your terrible philosophies. You are just trying to justify it because you believe it too.

Vayne: Aren't you doing the same?

Y/N: As much as you think you are right, you are just wrong and its really funny.

Senna: Enough. We have other business to take care of.

Poppy: I was there, all that time ago. Demacia was so much different back then , it was so... Full of life and green, it still is now, but... I worry about it sometimes.

Gwen: I would too, if this was home. I just hope we can take down the Ruined King!

Y/N: We will... I know we will.

Vayne: We are here.

It was a huge white building as Mist surrounded the entirety of it. You walked through as the inside building was filled with refugees and other guards from around as they were licking their wounds.

Lucian: This is horrible.

Vayne: It has been like this for multiple days... It's disgusting, it suffocates and kills almost all that enter its path. I want to destroy it.

Vayne looked away in anger, but through her own grit and determination, but even through that, bits from fear passed through her.

Y/N: We need to ask around, there are a lot of people around here, they have to know something, right?

You looked around as you noticed one person standing out before all of them. There was a creature, standing with all of the refugees. At first they were scared, but they saw kindness within her. She looked over to her as she saw you.

 She looked over to her as she saw you