Demacia In Shambles: Chapter 169 Arc 1 Ruined Saga

Narrator pov

The beam of light ended as you looked around. The base that was there was nothing more than a teleportation platform you were standing on. The rest of building was completely destroyed as nothing remained.

Senna: It's all destroyed...

Lucian: My home...

Y/N: You're from Demacia, Lucian?

Lucian: Yeah, I was here before I joined the Sentinels after my father. I can't believe that Viego is doing this to my country...

You moved out from the rubble as you looked around the grand city of Demacia.

Black Mist covered the already ruined city as buildings were destroyed and people running and hiding for their lives

Black Mist covered the already ruined city as buildings were destroyed and people running and hiding for their lives. It was too late for you to do anything substantial as people were already running away and the white of the buildings was lessened to the green of the mist.

Senna: Not only is the base gone, but so is most of the city.

Lucian: To think that he did this to this country in such a short amount of time. At least... No, this place has been ruined... Damn.

Senna: Baby, I'm so sorry. Not the homecoming you wanted, huh?

Y/N: It's fine... We take down Viego, we stop all this Mist, and then the place will look 10 times better. I won't let your home go to waste, Lucian.

Lucian: I appreciate that, we can't just say sorry and hope everything will get better. We need action, and that means we have to use everything to take that ghostly fucker down.

Senna: You're right. The only thing they will need to understand is that light from the end of my gun barrel.

Lucian: That's my baby.

Gwen: Well then, let's get snipping. But first, what do we do first, dear sentinels?

Senna: Lucian knows the lay of land well enough, thankfully. Lucian, what is the best place around here to gather some intelligence?

Lucian: Hmm, I remember an old tavern up here that used to take people in for the night, like a shelter. I always remember hearing good bits of information from it.

Gwen: A tavern? Really, Lucian. Isn't customary to toast after a battle?

You had to hold back your laughter as Senna was trying her hardest not to burst out laughing. While Gwen was stuck with a rather confused look on her face. Lucian was beaten red as he was on the verge of exploding in anger.

Lucian: LIKE I SAID!... The place was always full of salty ol' sailors and mercs. If anyone can tell us about what is happening around here, that'll be the place to find them.

Senna: It's worth a try, let's go.

You walked up the street as there were abandoned carriages and other assortments of goods as you saw people scavenging for what they could get. You saw people look at you from afar as they almost looked surprised by a new influx of people in Demacia.