The Boat To Shadows, The Past Shadows Chapter 61 Arc 3 Saga 2

Illaoi Pov

We were back on the boat to The Shadow Isles as rain was pouring down on the boat. Everyone ran inside under the boat as we slowed down the ship to let some of the storm pass before going to quick into the rain. I walked down to my room I was sharing with Sarah, as I sat on the bed and held my gold Idol.

Illaoi: Goddess... Am I truly making the right decision?

It has been many days since I have gotten any sign from the Goddess. When I make big decisions, when I need her she was always there. But now... I am making choices that could affect all of Bilgewater, if not the world... and she doesn't respond. 

Illaoi: What am I to do?

*Knock*

Illaoi: Come in!

Y/N came in threw the door as his clothes were soaked from the rain.

Y/N: Thank you Illaoi! The girls had taken over my room, since its the biggest, besides you seemed distraught today.

Illaoi: Ah, Y/N. The knock alone should've told me.

Y/N: May I sit next to you?

Illaoi: Please.

He sat down next to me as he had a towel in his hand and he started to wipe off his body and his hair.

Illaoi: It seems like we are having a moment right now. I admit your timing is weird, but I don't mind you being here.

Y/N: I-I see. But I also wanted to talk to you about something.

Illaoi: Speak with your heart.

Y/N: This journey has been difficult. For me, yes, but for others too. You, Illaoi. I can see that you are... like a garden without any flowers. Something no necessary but its not there.

Illaoi: Your very sharp. Indeed, this mission has been very difficult for me as well. When we left Bilgewater, I hoped that my path was blessed by the Goddess. But now... I am not so sure. With Pyke, the Goddess commanded me to go against Buhru teachings. But lately, I have also challenged Buhru tradition alone. I'd hoped that she would bless my decision about the Serpent Callers, but the Goddess was silent.

Y/N: You made the right choice. No if ands or buts about it.

Illaoi: Did I? There are some things I have only told you about, that makes the things I have done question the Goddess entirely. Remember how I told you about Gangplank, and letting him go and helping him. The Goddess commanded me to help him! If I told Sarah , she would have killed him in his sickbed! But... perhaps I never heard the Goddess rightly at all. Perhaps Gangplank deserved to die, and I am a fraud.

Y/N looked at me and put a hand to his chin.

Y/N: I have a theory . Your Goddess is testing you! Just as you tested Gangplank.

Illaoi: Hah! To what end? If I fail her test, then all of Bilgewater will fall.

Y/N: Then you WILL pass. And we will help you. Any test of yours is a test of mine too. We're friends aren't' we, its only natural for us to help each other. Soon there will be a right time to tell Miss Fortune the truth. I can tell-- you think she deserves to know. And for that reason, you have me. I almost dry, I think I will get out of your hair.

I grabbed his wrist as he looked back towards me.

Illaoi: Stay

Y/N: Illaoi?

I pulled him onto the bed as she sat down with a thud.

Illaoi: You will stay with me, and we will sleep together.