take one, call it even; take two, call me selfish

After a certain point, you’d think they’d get tired of repeating themselves like a broken record— but when it came to teasing George, there was never an enough.

“I’m really not all that small,” George huffs into his mic, the sound of his keyboard clicking coming muffled behind it, “you guys are seriously going to eat your words when I get there next week.”

Sapnap doesn’t even try to curb the loud cackle that comes tumbling out of him, and George flinches, having to move his headphone away from his ear. Shit nearly busted an eardrum, the asshole.

“As they say, big talk for a small guy,” Dream muses, causing another bout of little shithead giggles from Sap.

“You can both, truly and honestly, go to hell.”

“Ah, you’re only saying that because you can’t reach heaven,” Sapnap coos, and the corner of the screen signals that georgenotfound has left the game. His headphones rattle with a bunch of whining and groaning from the other two— ‘Aww, come on—‘ ‘We’re kidding!’ — but George just grunts a disapproving ‘uh-uh’.

They both are laughing affectionately, and the brunette can’t help the smile that twitches onto his face. Assholes. “You guys are idiots. I’m going to bed.” They both continue their teasing comments as they bid him a goodnight before their voices go silent with the blip of him exiting the Discord call.

His chest heaves with a sigh, spinning in his chair away from his monitor, and holding his hands up. He looks down from his fingertips, up his wrists, across his arms— then down at his thighs, lifting his shirt to look at his tummy. He wasn’t really all that small, was he? Maybe a little skinny, but his height wasn’t bad. Dream may be taller than him, but Sapnap was really pushing it, only being an inch above him.

Whatever. They were weird for being so obsessed with the idea of him being small anyway. It was brought up almost every time they got really into their jokes.

He had a feeling he’d end up proving them wrong the moment he saw them in the airport, and their bodies were no different against his, their height having no advantage on him at all.

George slips into bed after that little flare of confidence. He was serious.

They were gonna eat their words.

——

So… all that talk about eating words.

George was really scarfing them down a paragraph at a time right now.

He’d been quaking from his brain to the soles of his feet with excitement as he’d gotten off the plane. His heart was hammering up into his rib cage as he’d waited for his bag to come slowly spinning around, rocking from the tips of his toes back to heels, unable to hold still with all the bees of nervousness buzzing through his veins. Once he’d grabbed it up, and made his way towards the entryway, he was more than taken by shock when he was suddenly lifted to his feet and spun.

He squeals, arms clasping around the broad shoulders holding him tightly, and it doesn’t take him long to register who it is— Dream has easily scooped him up into a hug, twirling him with a boisterous laugh. George lets out a happy sound of his own, legs kicking up and his nose nuzzling into the other’s shoulder. His feet come gently back to earth as Dream finishes his pirouette, but they don’t stop hugging.