truth or dare

Dream hadn’t planned on coming to this party— his best friend Sapnap had dragged him along. Now Sapnap was nowhere to be found, and Dream was stuck gripping a bottle of cheap beer, watching groups of people scattered across the wide expanse of the back yard.

The sun was setting, but it wasn’t a problem. There were lights strung up across the whole area, and the host had just finished setting up the fire pit. It roared to life with sparks, earning cheers from party goers that gathered around.

Dream could feel the warmth of the flame on his face despite it being a good distance away. He could only imagine how hot they were standing right next to it.

Out of the corner of his eye, Dream spotted someone running his way. He tried to ignore them, hoping they would pass his seat, but that wasn't the case.

The boy stopped in front of Dream. Dream took a second to look him up and down, concluding that he didn’t recognize him.

He had a fluffy mop of brown hair with a pair of sunglasses on his forehead. His skin was pale, but his cheeks were decorated with a pink blush and light freckles. He wore a loose flannel that looked about three sizes too large for his small frame, and a pair of sweatpants.

He was… Very pretty.

“Hello?” Dream asked, waiting for the man to say something.

The guy took a sip from the cup he was cradling before responding.

“I know you don’t know me, but I need a favor.” He seemed out of breath from the jog over, “I need to hook up with you. Like, right now. I’m George, by the way.”

“What?”

George sighed, seemingly annoyed that Dream wasn’t getting it right away, “It’s a dare. I never lose dares. Please?”

Dream considered it for a minute, which he thought was crazy. How could someone just have sex as a dare?

“Um… I mean…” Dream struggled to find words, his face turning red.

“Okay. It’s okay.” George looked away defeatedly. He seemed to glance around to try and find someone else to ask.

“Hey! I didn’t say no…” Dream mumbled, embarrassed.

George’s face lit up, “Yes! Thank you! It’ll be quick, I promise.”

Dream stood from his lawn chair, mentally preparing himself for what was to come. It was all going so fast— he never thought he’d have a chance with someone like George in a million years. Even if it was just a one time thing, even if it didn’t mean anything, it was still nerve wracking.

George took hold of Dream’s wrist and started walking. Dream only then realized truly how short George was— he only came up to his shoulder at most. It was endearing.

“I’m Dream, by the way.” Dream blurted nervously.