my girl's made of peaches and soft grass and the moonlight

“George is like, Dream’s girlfriend or something,” Sapnap said, the rest of the Discord call erupting in laughter.

“You’re so stupid.” George huffed, leaning back in his chair with a pout that no one could see. He wasn’t streaming, but one of their friends was, meaning that the line would inevitably be clipped to hell and back.

The weirdest part, though, was that hearing the word girlfriend be used to refer to himself made George feel… something. He didn’t quite know yet. But it wasn’t a bad feeling, that was for sure.

“Aw, George, it’s okay. You can be my little girlfriend if you want.” Dream teased, before erupting in a wheezing laugh that was soon backed by the laughter of the rest of their friends.

“Whatever.” George laughed it off.

It was definitely not whatever.

“Is everything okay?” Dream asked as he sat down on the edge of their bed, patting the space next to him for George to join him.

“Yeah,” George sat down gratefully, taking one of Dream’s hands and fidgeting with it in his lap.

After spending all day since the incident earlier thinking about how it made him feel, he was pretty sure he had come to a conclusion. “It’s, um, it’s a sex thing actually? Kind of?”

Dream’s expression morphed into a smirk. “Oh, okay. Is it… about the princess thing?”

“No, it’s. It’s something Sapnap said earlier actually?” George squirmed a little, looking down in embarrassment.

Dream seemed completely lost.

“Um. About me being your… your girlfriend?” George clarified.

Dream raised his eyebrows, and George quickly backtracked.

“Like, um, I like being a man. It’s not about—it’s not, like, a gender thing, it’s just, uh… a kink, maybe? In bed, you already call me a lot of girly things, I guess? And, um. I don’t know, it’s kinda stupid.” George’s face felt ridiculously warm with embarrassment as he attempted to explain himself. The more words came from his mouth, the more ridiculous it sounded.

“It’s not stupid,” Dream assured him, squeezing George’s smaller hand in his own with an encouraging smile. “Whatever you’re into, I’m willing to give it a try. You never know, maybe I’m into it too.” Damn this man and his openness.

George managed a little smile before taking a deep breath. “Okay, um, I guess I just want… I want you to call me your girlfriend when you’re fucking me.” He ripped the bandaid right off.

Dream returned the smile, bigger this time, once again squeezing George’s hand. “I can definitely do that.”

George looked up at him, a sheepish smile spreading across his face as relief and excitement washed over him. “Really?”

“Of course, babe.” Dream leaned in and pressed a sweet kiss to George’s cheek. “You’re acting like it’s some outrageous request. If you wanna be my girlfriend when we’re fucking, I can call you that.”

Even just hearing the word fall from Dream’s mouth sent a spark of joy through George’s body. He beamed.

“You’re amazing.” George shifted easily to straddle Dream’s lap, wrapping his arms around his broad shoulders.

Dream’s own smile grew as he hugged George close. “I love you too, idiot.”

Maybe his happiness was a bit unwarranted, given that it was literally just a new kink he’d told his boyfriend about, but George was ecstatic, both proud of himself for communicating well with Dream, and excited at what possibilities something new in bed could bring. He couldn’t wait to try it out.