Vanilla

"Stop moaning, you fucking idiot!" Sapnap throws a pen at his best friend, who remains unbothered on his desk, sulking deeper into it instead. He groans louder, earning an exasperated breath from the younger.

Dream can't help it. Can't help thinking about his hair, his hands, his smile, and worst of all, his damn vanilla scent. It drives Dream crazy, and he sighs loudly, much to his best friend's dismay.

"Fucking get over it!" the shorter man seethes, kicking the desk.

"You act like it's so easy." Dream runs his hands down his face, tired. "And don't fucking kick my desk."

"I'll kick it whenever I want to."

"You're fired."

"Okay, don't actually—" Sapnap pauses, then rolls his eyes. "Just ask him out. What's the problem?"

"The problem is, Sapnap, that I'm the fucking CEO of this company, and Geo— he's chief of finance. Finance, Nick. I'll look like a narcissistic entitled asshole and an unprofessional prick."

"And you'd make him look bad too."

Dream makes a face. "Who's side are you on?"

"Look, Dream. No one gives a shit. Date whoever you want. I guarantee no one will bat an eye."

The blond sinks in his seat. "You make it sound like I have a chance."

"You do. You're just too fucking stubborn!"

"Hey, uh, Mr. D— got something for you from Finance," Foolish peeks his head in the head's office, his entrance unannounced but not unwelcome, being Dream's assistant after all. But, despite that fact, the CEO stares at the documents, forlorn.

"Give it to me, Foolish. Dream here's in a bit of a mood." Sapnap reaches out for the papers and gracefully accepts it, much to his best friend's dismay.

"I'm not surprised. Can't wait 'til he finds out it's from George, too."

Dream blanches. "Get out of my office."

A gulp. "Yes, sir."

Foolish shuts the door immediately, not wasting any time. Sapnap sighs, turning over the pages of their financial statement as of the month of December.

"Blah blah blah, finance jargon, millions here and there, a letter from— oh. Oh shit."

The older sits up. "What?"

"There's no fucking way."

"What? What is it?"

Sapnap laughs, clutching at the papers as his eyes scan over the same page repeatedly. Dream makes a move to grab the paper, but the other is quick to move away from his reach and hollers, reading the statement out loud.

"'Thank you for the wonderful Christmas bonus, I'd love to give a gift of my own sometime too, sir.' And he fucking added a winky face, oh my god!"

That makes Dream jump from his seat, tearing the paper away from the shorter's hands. He scans the paper with vigor, hands shaking at the words of the Brit, until he sees the final line.

;)

He is going to die.

"Hello? Earth to Dream?"

Dream is frozen, documents stuck in his hold as he rereads all the words until they're burned into his mind. And when he inhales, he knows he's far more gone than he realizes.

"He broke you. George actually broke you."

"The paper smells like vanilla."

"What is that, some kink of yours?"