Careful darling - DNF fluff

He stares into the floor length mirror knowing exactly what he’s going to find. Removing it was agonizing enough to hint at that.

George bites his lip anxiously as he stares at the tender, red inflamed, raw skin along his torso. He takes a deep breath feeling it ache as it rattles in his lungs.

He should’ve taken it off after work yesterday. He’d already worn it for a good eight or ten hours or so. Yet he let the nipping of instance slip away as he fell into bed happy to simply be in his beloved arms after a long exhausting day.

He lifts a shaky finger to poke at the raw flesh. Instantly he winces as he swallows down a small whimper. Yet some of it must escape as moments later their bedroom door is haphazardly thrown open by Dream. Dream who has a frantic dazed look in his eyes as he drinks in the sight of George along with the binder resting at his feet.

He walks steadfast, hovering over George as he stares at his boyfriend’s naked chest. A frown twists on his face as he’s met with the injured skin and the clear pain painted across George’s face.

He extends his arms to pull George forward but thinks better of it allowing them to drop to his sides. His voice is hoarse with worry, “What happened?”

George goes to cross his arms before abruptly stopping as pain erupts across his body. He pushes back the nerves screaming in his mind. He tries to be nonchalant, “I just wore it too long.”

He goes for a half hearted shrug knowing it’s the only thing to avoid sparkings of lightning to dance across his skin, “I know better.”

Dream stares at him hard and long. Eyes flickering between George’s tense facial expression and his boyfriend’s irritated skin.

George grows squeamish under his gaze unsure of what he’s going to say.

Dream seems to feel the same. Battling inside his head how he’s going to proceed.

Eventually however, he settles for a soft smile. Gently he lifts a hand to ruffle George’s hair affectionately resulting in George trying to duck away and Dream laughing fondly in response.

It’s soft yet firm, “Please be more careful.”

George swats the offending hand away. He attempts to flatten his hair down to its original state but to no avail.

He huffs, having to work hard to dispel the smile that is yearning to break through, “Yeah yeah you big softie.”

Dream smirks in response, eyes twinkling in amusement while translating the jab as praise.

George bites the inside of his cheek as he taps his fingers against his hip bone, “You worry too much.”

At that Dream’s playful smirk drops into a deep frown. He more grunts than speaks, body tense ready to spring into action, “I think I don’t worry enough.”

At that George can no longer hold the smile back. It’s bright and adoring in nature. Spreading a warmth across his chest to his fingertips and toes.

Slowly he raises a hand to cup Dream’s cheek. Dream leans into the touch eagerly. They stare at each other like that for several minutes until Dream gently takes George hand off his face to tug him. Guiding him to the bathroom to tend to his wounds.

Truthfully it’s not as simple as that. George has muttered under his breath multiple times about how uncomfortable the binder is growing in a way Dream knows isn’t right.

Yet George seems to refuse to do anything about it, waving away concern when Dream carefully approaches the topic.

He’s had it for years, it’s fine really. George can deal with a little bit of pain. Especially if it keeps away the dysmorphia.