irresistible (i love the way you hurt me)

It was a lovely spring day, gentle breeze swaying the trees and the birds out and chirping. It would have been incredibly peaceful, if not for Dream’s wheezing laughter as he defeated another knight and close friend, Sapnap, in a sparring duel.

”What the hell! This isn’t fair,” Sapnap whined, grabbing the full, harmless blade of Dream’s wooden training sword and yanking it out of his hands.

”You just suck.” Dream shrugged, moving his foot off of Sapnap’s chest and offering a hand to help him up.

Sapnap just grumbled, accepting the hand. “Yeah, sure. You’re just, like, ridiculously good.” He cracked his knuckles once he was on his feet again.

From his place on the raised benches surrounding the training grounds, George laughed. “You’re down three points, Sapnap!” He called, stepping down to lean against the railing of the platform. “The winner gets to fight me, remember? High stakes.”

Grinning, Dream made his way over to George, crossing his arms as George peered down at him. “I’m gunna win, anyway. Shouldn’t even bother with the last match.” He boasted.

Rolling his eyes fondly, George reached down to ruffle Dream’s hair. “I dunno. Gunna have to find out, Dream.”

“Ew. Stop eye-fucking George and get over here, Dream!”

George scowled. “We are not—“

”Alright, alright. C’mon, Sapnap,” Dream secured his mask again, heading back over to pick up his sword again.

George leaned back, crossing his arms as he watched the knights duel.

Unsurprisingly, Dream won easily again, getting Sapnap on the ground with his sword at his chin.

”You suck.” Sapnap groaned as Dream laughed, helping him back up.

”You suck,” Dream shot back, heading back over to where George was waiting expectantly. “Alright, c’mon George. Let’s dance.”

Laughing, George shed his cape and ducked under the railing, hopping to the ground. “C’mon, then.” He picked up Sapnap’s training sword as the other knight plopped down on the sidelines. “Yeah, kick his ass, Georgie!” Sapnap snickered.

George only rolled his eyes.

Sapnap counted them down, and then they were ready, both waiting for the other to make a move.

”What, are you too scared you’ll hurt me, Dream?” George teased, shifting from foot to foot as he readied his weapon.

”Nah. Just know that if I moved first, this would be over embarrassingly fast,” Dream countered.

”Oh, so you’re letting me go first? How polite.” Before Dream could register it, George had darted behind him and kicked the back of his knee, making his legs buckle.

”Wait—“ Too late. George had pushed him the rest of the way to the ground, kneeling on his chest with his other foot on the ground, sword at Dream’s neck.

”Terrible guard you’d be,” George teased, laughing. “That was easy! I didn’t think that all it would take was that,”

Dream huffed. “Well, you forgot something, George. You left my hands free.”

Not wanting to actually hurt him, he cupped the back of George’s head with one hand before grabbing his hip with the other, easily flipping them over and pinning George under him.

His cocky grin gone, Dream quickly snatched George’s weapon out of his hand, tossing it aside before pinning both of George’s skinny wrists above his head. His other hand had gone to George’s neck, not squeezing, just letting him know that he could.