(69 😏) Illuminated Passion

The sound of Sapnap’s voice echoed throughout the confines of Dream’s headset, completely sealed off from the surrounding world. Only Dream’s side of the dumb argument could be heard by his four walls, and if it weren’t for the break in Sapnap’s attempt to make Dream believe that his keybinds for Minecraft were far more efficient than Dream’s, then Dream may have missed the soft knocking at his door. He pulled one ear of the headset off as he turned around, glancing towards the door where George slowly emerged.

“Hey, Dream?”

“Mm?” Dream pulled his headset completely off, letting it rest around his neck, despite the ramblings from Sapnap having started up again.

“Can I ask you kind of a weird favor?” George questioned.

“I mean, you can ask. Whether I agree to it is a different matter entirely,” Dream responded, earning an eye roll in return. “What is it?” he continued. George’s eyes flicked to the illuminated screen displaying Sapnap’s icon, the green ring appearing and disappearing with each sound hidden within the padding against Dream’s neck.

“Um… I need your help with something.” George could see the green ring around Dream’s own icon flashing with his speech, suddenly acutely aware that Sapnap could hear everything being said.

“Do I get to know what with?” Dream jokingly asked.

“A photoshoot.”

“A phot-” Dream paused, eyes widening slightly. “Oh. A photoshoot .”

“Yeah.”

“Uh, yeah… Gimme a few minutes and I’ll be with you,” Dream answered. George gave a few gentle taps on the door before making his leave, all while Dream returned the headset to rest over his ears.

“I thought you said he wasn’t a model. The hell’s he doing a photoshoot for?” Sapnap questioned, never receiving a real answer, instead being offered a soft begrudging command to shut up, Sapnap , followed by another dumb argument of course.

This time Dream was the one to knock, the gentle rhythmic flow allowing him access to his roommates room.

“The camera glitching out again, or…?”

“No, no. My, um, my tripod’s broken,” George briefly explained from his bed as he put his phone down.

“Oh. I mean, I can try to fix it, but I don’t think-”

“I don’t want you to fix it,” George stated.

“Oh?”

“I was kind of hoping you’d be the tripod for me,” he added, making his desires clear.

“You realize I’m a person right? Not some metal poles stuck together-” Dream teased, trailing off towards the end, allowing George to interrupt him.

“Oh my God, shut up. Will you take the pictures or not?” He gave a knowing look or amused frustration as he awaited a response which wasn’t as instantaneous as he had initially hoped for. Dream stood with an open mouth struggling to find the right shape for the words he wanted to say. He finally settled on some though, accompanying them with furrowed brows.

“These are the kind of pictures I’m thinking of, right?”

“They're for my OnlyFans, yes. but I am clothed. Kind of. Partially. Sort of,” George answered. Dream took in a deep inhale as he let the idea sink into his mind, and almost like a switch flipped, George felt bad for his roommate. When George had signed up to live here with Dream, he hadn’t prepared him for these kind of requests, so the idea of such a favor probably freaked him out; probably made him freak Dream out. George regretted saying anything at all. “Sorry, I shouldn’t have asked. This was stupid-,” he quickly said.