Loud Pt2

George was... confused, to say the least.

It had been a week since that day in Mr. Dream's office. A week of no contact from the CEO. George wasn't sure what to make of it.

Obviously, he wasn't expecting them to be chummy afterwards, but he half expected it to happen again. Was he bad? Did Dream not enjoy it as much as George did? George's thoughts ran rampant as he chewed mindlessly on his pen. He swiveled side to side in his office chair, trying to use the movement to bring himself back to reality, but it didn't work. He couldn't focus on the paperwork in front of him - he'd been trying and failing all week.

Unfortunately, if he didn't get at least some work done, he'd be fired. He had kept this job thus far by getting his work done on time and doing whatever was asked of him, but this last week, he had been too... distracted to get his work done.

With an air of finality, George rolled his chair right up to the edge of his desk, slapped his pen down on the hard surface, and let out a heavy sigh. He forced himself to pick up a file and begin flipping through the pages inside. After all, he could at least try to look like he's doing his job.

Right as he did, though, someone walked up from behind him, squeezing into the cubicle so as to be seen. George looked up and recognized the girl as the secretary who sits at the front desk. He smiled politely at her.

"George, correct?" She asked. George nodded, polite smile still plastered to his face. "Mr. Dream wants to see you in his office."

George blanched.

"R-right now?" George spluttered, eyebrows raising impossibly high. The girl simply nodded, smiled, and walked off, leaving George to deal with this himself.

Slowly, he stood from his desk. He tried not to make a show of walking to Mr. Dream's office, but honestly, everyone was staring anyways. No one ever went inside the CEO's office - especially not entry-level employees - but there George was, tapping his knuckles lightly on the dark wooden door, lacing his fingers together behind his back as he waited for a response.

After a few moments of no response, George began to worry. Had he misheard the girl? He knocked again, louder this time.

An immediate response. "Come in." George suppressed a shiver at the sound of his boss' voice, muffled from behind the thick door of his office.

George entered slowly, pushing the door open and stepping inside before the closing the door behind him. He got instant deja vu - he stood with his back pressed against the door, watching as Mr. Dream shuffled through the stacks of paper on his desk. Neither said anything for a long few seconds. George didn't dare speak first.

Then, finally, "Lock the door." George turned around and locked the door, ignoring the way his heart skipped at the implications of the action. "Sit." Dream said. His tone wasn't commanding, necessarily, but it left no room for debate. George nodded and walked forward, dropping himself gracefully in one of the chairs situated in front of Mr. Dream's desk. "Do you know why I called you in here, George?"

George felt like he was being scolded by his school principal. He didn't appreciate it very much, but he still wasn't sure how Dream would react to a challenge. "No, sir, I don't." He smiled, his classic sickly-sweet smile that wins over everyone.

Except Mr. Dream, apparently.

"George, please, spare me. What's about to happen is happening regardless of how bright your smile is." George tensed. As hot as that sentence was, it also made him a little nervous. Dream seemed to notice his shift in demeanor, though, and quickly added in a low voice, "Nothing will happen without your consent, of course." George relaxed instantly.