cane sugar

The sun beat down hot on George’s neck, and the ice cold soda can he pressed on his forehead did nothing to help.

It was probably, like, the hottest day of the year so far, and George somehow got dragged to this midday baseball game by his friends. He was sweating bullets since they left the cool air conditioned car, and it was not a good look.

Especially when there was one particular player that caught George’s eye.

“Hey, dipshit.” Quackity brushed George with his elbow, “What’s wrong? Did your brain fry from the heat you’ve been complaining about?”

“Yeah, you okay? You just kinda… shut up after a bit.” Sapnap butted in, reaching across George’s lap to grab a handful of popcorn from Quackity.

George rolled his eyes, gaze being ripped from the field as he turned to his friends.

“I’m fine. It’s just…” George sighed, glancing back towards the game, “He’s so hot.”

“What?” Karl asked, leaning forward from the bleacher behind George.

“I-I mean,” George felt his heart skip a beat, “I meant… I’m hot. I’m so hot, wow.” He lifted his hands and waved them around his face, “It’s hot out!”

Sapnap cocked a brow, “Mhm. So which one are you ogling at? Number four, Number five…”

George slumped down defeatedly in his seat, placing his hands on his forehead.

“Number five.” He answered softly.

“At least he found something to keep himself occupied with.” Quackity joked.

George watched as the three followed the guy with the number five jersey. He really couldn’t keep his eyes off the guy— he was just so handsome.

His blond hair was plastered to his forehead with sweat from the helmet as he stood by the home plate, kicking at the plastic while he spun the bat in his gloved hand. It melted George, really, and made the heat unimaginably hotter.

The group sat with anticipation, waiting for the pitcher’s throw. In an instant, the ball flew towards number five, and he swung, a loud crack echoing through the air. They watched the ball fly clear over the fence, disappearing into the thick brush behind.

George found himself cheering with the crowd, clapping loudly as his worries left him slowly.

“God, look at this guy.” Karl scoffed, chuckling as he rubbed at George’s shoulders, “I can’t stand him drooling all over himself like this.”

“I can’t help it!” George laughed a little, covering his face briefly, “He’s… Really… You know. God, the thing’s I’d do to him…”

“Okay, TMI.” Quackity knit his brows together, waving his hands as if to wave the thought away.