Unexpected pregnancy

Josh Dun imagine

You sat cross-legged on the floor, your shaky hands holding the pregnancy test in front of you. It didn't make any sense. You pressed your palm on your stomach. How could there be a baby growing in there? You felt like being sick, the thought of this unwanted pregnancy too overwhelming to even consider.
How would you tell Josh? What would he think? What would he say? Would he leave? You squeezed your eyes shut and rested your forehead on your knees, letting your hair fall around you like a curtain. You scrunched your face and let out a silent sob.
It wasn't fair. You weren't ready. You were no where near ready.
And right on cue your phone lit up with the letter "J" flashing across the screen. You cringed before sliding the message open.
It was a picture, a light blue and purple sunset. Another message came through shortly after.
"These colors reminded me of you"
A steady stream of tears started flowing down your cheeks. You had to tell him. You had to, but you couldn't.
You squeezed your eyes shut one last time before pressing call on Josh's contact name. You held the phone to your ear, trying not to hang up before he could answer. The knot in your stomach was growing with each second. How the hell were you going to do this?
"Hey babe," Josh's voice rang through the line, making your chest ache.
"Hey," you say, your voice raspy from crying.
Josh of course immediately picks up on your off-tone.
"What's wrong?" he says.
"Um," you pause, wiping some stray tears from your cheeks. "I can't really-" you're having a hard time articulating, "can you come over? Please?" your voice cracks on the last word.
"Is everything okay?" he's worried.
"Not really," you say honestly, because in reality nothing was okay.
"Babe, what's going on?"
"Please, Josh," you say, another sob escaping your lips. "I need you here," you plead.
"Yeah," his voice is thick, "I'm on my way."
You hang up the phone before Josh could ask what was wrong again. At least this bought you some time to think about what you were going to say. You finally stood up and took a look at the mess called your face in the mirror.
Your makeup was smudged. Black bags underneath your red, puffy eyes. You groaned and tried to wipe it away, but when it wouldn't come off, you only cried harder.
You hear your front door open, then heavy footsteps up the stairs, through the hallway, your bedroom door opens and-
"Y/N?"
"In here," you say thickly.
"Babe-" Josh says, gripping the door frame as he walks in.
He sees you, your lip pouting and holding a thousand tissues and hurries over, opening his arms.
You crash into him willingly, letting your body fold into his. He wraps both arms around you and squeezes tightly. You rest your head on his chest and let out another sob, your tears darkening the gray of his tshirt.
"Talk to me baby," he whispers into your hair. He takes your hand in his, intertwining your fingers.
You pull back slightly, still holding his hand, and walk over to the counter where the test was laying. You pick it up, and thrust it towards Josh with no words. You were pretty sure if you opened your mouth you might throw up.
Josh stares, mouth open, eyes wide.
He drops your hands and takes a step back and you know. You know he's gone.
"How?" he says, his voice quiet. "We were so careful, how?"
"I don't know," you whisper, folding your arms across your chest.
Josh is shaking his head violently, staggering back towards the door.
"I can't-" his voice is cracking. "I'm sorry, Y/N, I can't-" he turns and shoves his way out of the bathroom.
"Josh!" you sob after him. The slamming door was your response and you collapse to the ground, a pile of tears.
*JOSH'S POV
Panic. Disbelief. Shock.
Josh threw his car in drive and sped down the road to the only person he wanted to see right now. He didn't call or text or let Tyler know he was coming, but when he showed up at the door, eyes hollow and something clearly off, Tyler welcomed him inside.
Josh spat out the words that had been plaguing his head before he had a chance to shut the door.
"Y/N's pregnant," Josh exclaims.
It wasn't real. It couldn't be real.
"What?" Tyler says, his eyes widening to an oval shape. He hurries over closer to Josh, who collapses in the chair behind him, afraid he might pass out otherwise.
"How?" he pauses, "Well I mean I know how, but wow," he blinks a few times, "Is she okay?"
Josh looks up and bites his bottom lip.
"I don't think so," he whispers. "I left."
"You what?"
"I left," Josh says, the shame finally hitting him. "She told me and I just- I couldn't."
Tyler's face softens and he places one hand on Josh's shoulder.
"I know, man," he says, trying to be empathetic.
"I'm shit," Josh says, burying his face in his hands.
"You're not shit," Tyler says firmly, "this is scary, man."
"But I just left her there," Josh says, groaning.
"You'll go back."
Josh nods, then slowly adds, "What am I gonna do? I can't have a kid, Ty."
"It'll be okay, man. You guys are smart. You're in love. You'll figure it out."
Tyler's reassurance eased the knot inside Josh's chest just enough to let the full wave of guilt hit him. He knew he had to go back.
"We'll figure it out," he repeats.
"Of course you will. And we'll help, Jenna and I. You know we will. We're a family, Josh. It'll all be okay."
Josh nods, a small smile forming on his lips.
"I'm gonna be a dad," he whispers. His small smile spreads into an enormous grin. "Ty," he breathes, "I'm gonna be a dad."
"Tyler smiled back, "You're gonna be a dad," he says back.
Tyler's phone went off then, a call. He pulls it out of his pocket and answers.
"Hello?"
Josh can vaguely hear Jenna's frantic voice on the other line.
"Are you with Josh?"
"He's right here, why?"
"Y/N just called me asking to go to the abortion clinic with her, she's like on her way there now. She said Josh doesn't know, but he needs to know-"
Tyler's eyes widen and he looks to see if Josh could hear her words.
"What?" Josh says, in disbelief. "No- No, no, no,"
"Where?" Tyler asks.
Jenna mumbles a response, but Josh doesn't hear that. His mind has fogged and he's already standing up and grabbing his keys from off the counter. He rushed towards the door with Tyler on his heel, telling Jenna that they were on their way.
*YOUR POV
Calling Jenna was a mistake. You should've known that. She's freak out, call Tyler. Tyler would freak out, call Josh.
You clutched your stomach on the way to the walk-in clinic. You felt guilty. But Josh was more important. You couldn't lose Josh to this, thing.
"It'll be okay," you whisper softly, rubbing your belly. "It won't hurt, I promise."
You walked into the clinic, feeling insecure and wary as soon as the doors shut behind you. The woman at the counter took your information and had you fill out a bunch of paperwork before having a seat. You crossed your legs and tapped your fingers nervously on your knee as you waited. You had finally stopped crying, your tear ducts all dried up.
Or so you thought.
You hear the double doors fly open. You practically snap your neck turning around, but when you do, you're met by a familiar face.
Josh stands in the doorway, looking frantically around the waiting room until his eyes land on you. He practically sighs in relief before jogging over to you.
You stand up from your seat, confused, but relieved to see him standing in front of you.
"Josh, what're you doing here-"
Josh cuts you off, slamming his lips to yours, cupping your cheek and kissing you passionately right there in the waiting room. When he finally pulls back, there are tears in his eyes and he's looking at you so intently.
"I'm so sorry," he says immediately. "So, so sorry."
You're shaking your head, "No- what're you doing here?"
"Is this what you want?" he asks, gently touching your cheek with his finger.
"I have to," you say, your eyes filling up with tears for what felt like the hundredth time that day. "I don't want anything to change, I don't want to lose you, I have to-"
"No you don't, you don't have to," he takes a deep breath, "I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking. I was scared and I just freaked out, but it'll be okay. It'll be okay, because I love you and I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here, I'll always be right here."
Josh's words have you collapsing into a puddle of tears, you hold your hand over your mouth and sob.
He pulls you into his chest, holding your head firmly against his body.
"It'll be okay," he hums against your hair.
His hand feels nice rubbing your back.
"I want it," he says. "I want to be a dad."
"Do you mean that?" you ask pulling back and looking him in the eyes.
He leans down and presses his lips to yours, softly.
"I mean it with everything inside of me."
You laugh, a mixture of tears and snot and joy.
"Really?"
"Really," he affirms.
You cover your mouth again, this time a smile breaking out across your face. The tears continue to fall as Josh hugs you once again, but this time, they're happy tears.
"I love you so much," he says, touching your stomach.
You weren't sure if he was talking to you or the baby, but it didn't matter much because your heart was suddenly so full.
You were gonna be parents.

Credit to joshdunfics on tumblr