Cat

Josh Dun imagine

"Can we please get a cat Y/N?" Josh begged like a child.
"Josh I've told you before, I don't like cats. Sorry but no." you said.
You felt bad saying no, because Josh loved cats so much. He's wanted one since you guys moved in together about a year ago, but you dislike cats and don't want to deal with the responsibility of one when Josh is gone on tour.
"Who's gonna be stuck with it when you're away?" you asked to prove your point.
"You, but It'll keep you company. Come on think about it. When I'm not there to keep you warm, that cat can." he said pulling you closer to him into a hug.
"Do you really think I could compare you to a damn cat." you said into his chest.
You heard him lightly chuckle then place a kiss to the top of your head. "Fine, but it's not the last time I'm asking." he said as he walked away from you.
You laughed to yourself knowing it wouldn't be, he's hasn't given up the past 11 months and he doesn't plan to. Truth is you had a surprise for him that you know he was going to love. You were getting him a cat for your second anniversary. You knew that's what he really wanted and would rather that over anything. Even if you didn't want one, Josh really did and you would do anything to make him happy.
The next day you woke up earlier than Josh and sneaked out of the house. You had to pick up the kitten at 9 and you were gonna stop and pick up breakfast at one of Josh's favorite breakfast cafes. He would probably still be asleep by the time you got back since it was pretty early for the two of you.
Once at the shelter where you were picking up the small kitten you adopted about a week ago you hated to admit, but you started to fall in love with the small fur ball. You had already picked up the breakfast, so all you had to do now was get home before Josh noticed you were gone.
You got home and were grateful that Josh was still asleep. You went in the kitchen and put the breakfast on some plates and a tray to bring up to Josh in bed. You didn't want to bring the cat to him just yet, you wanted to enjoy the morning with him first.
You placed the small kitten in the spare room where Josh's drum kit is.
"30 minutes tops kitty." you promised the nameless kitten before leaving the room and closing the door behind you. You grabbed the tray and decided to wake Josh up. You put the tray down on the dresser before climbing on the bed. You climbed on top of Josh and peppered his face with kisses until he woke up.
"Morning babe." he said groggily and kissing you.
"Good morning sleeping beauty." you said while climbing off the bed.
"How long have you been up for?" he asked sitting up in bed.
"Not long, but I got you a little surprise." you said placing the tray in front of him.
"Looks good. I can tell you didn't make it." he joked and kissed your lips again. "Thank you."
You sat down next to him and he pulled you into his side. You two ate the food while you talked anything and everything.
"So I was thing about the cat thing again" Josh started but before he could go any farther the was a bang in the spare room. It was the sound of Josh's drums and he nearly jumped up from his spot.
"What was that?" he asked.
"Nothing. Don't worry about it." you said not wanting to show him the cat just yet.
"Sounded like my drums, I'm going to go check and see if everything is okay." he said leaving the room.
You got up quickly and followed him down the hallway. He opened the door and walked in looking around the room. You saw the cat right away lying under his drum stool, but he didn't see it.
"Weird." he said turning around then there was a small meow from by the drums. "Y/N? What's going on?" he asked getting a smile on his face when he heard the small noise.
"Well..." you said pointing to the stool and Josh light up when he saw the small cat. "Surprise." you said.
He knelt down and let the kitten smell his hand before picking it up.
"Oh my god Y/N, I thought you would never let this happen." he said making you laugh.
"She's so small." he said and his voice cracked a little.
"Are you crying baby?" you teased him.
He looked up at you with his signature smile that makes his eyes nearly disappear.
"No, I'm just really happy. Are you serious about this?" he said.
"As long as you're happy I'm happy." you said kissing him on the cheek and petting the small kitten's head, which caused her to pur.
"She likes you Y/N, and you can't deny that you like her too." he said.
"She's grown on me." you joked. "So what should we name her?" you asked.
"What about Bri." he said quickly and with a smile.
"How long have you been planning that in your head?"
"A long time." he said smiling down at the kitten.
"Well I love it, and I love you." you said and paused for a moment. " and I guess I like Bri too." you said and Josh laughed.
"Thank you so much Y/N. I love you baby. Happy anniversary." he said kissing you with the kitten still in his arms.

Credit to topimagines on Tumblr