Crazy cat lady

Josh Dun imagine

It all started when you posted a few pictures of your cats on your blog. In the beginning they got a few notes just like any other picture you posted. After a while they started to gain more notes and you posted mainly about your cats. They were your distraction for when work was just too much to handle and they made you feel not so lonely in your apartment. Soon your following grew and you started to get messages about everything from how these pictures brighten someone's day to questions about how to care for cats. You made posts talking about how your cats help with your anxiety and how they were the perfect pets. You still remember the first message he sent you, he was just telling you that your pictures made him smile on days where he wasn't feeling great. You replied like you would to anyone and went on with your life. He started to message more often, soon ending it with a J., to indicate it was him. You chatted about random things at times and you felt kind of sad that he still was on anonymous so you had no idea who was really behind these texts. The first time you posted a picture with your face in it, he messaged you again, this time not anonymous. He had drums as his profile picture and his header was an empty stage. Great you still didn't know who this J was, a drummer but that was all. He asked you if you could give him your instagram name. It confused you, why would he want to do that? Even though you felt kind of excited by the thought of him maybe liking you, you also felt a little bit creep out knowing, if you gave him your instagram name he would know so much more about you than you about him. You wrote back "Only in exchange for yours". When he answered, you  felt kidded by him , his answer was "Mine is @joshuadun, now your turn.". As if, knowing who Josh Dun was you couldn't believe him. However you still sent back a reply with "Yeah sure, mine is y/@. At least I don't lie to people on the Internet.". After that you hadn't heard from him for a few days, you didn't want to admit it but it bothered you. Finally you found the courage to message hum first, "Hey, J. I'm sorry, I believe you okay? I didn't mean it like that. Don't be mad. Please.". No answer for days, a week later he still hadn't replied. Every time you opened the app and there still was no reply from him, your heart dropped a little.  You did now think that you would get so attached to a stranger that you chatted with for about a month. You felt like you knew him on a personal level but at the same time you felt like you knew nothing about him.

Another few days later and your phone starts to blow up like crazy, notifications going off every few seconds. Instagram, weird you never got any notes on there. Until today, when one of your many cat pictures blew up, people commenting and liking it. The comments finally gave you an explanation for all of this. J well Josh liked the picture and commented on it how cute your cats were, with that people started doing the same, following their idols action.

Shortly after you got a message saying "Do you need any more proof?". You probably should have waiting a little before replying but you got so excited to talk to him again that you wrote back immediately  "No, like I said I already believed you, Josh.". It had dawned on you days before, the drums as a profile pic, J for Josh, it just made sense. With that you two were messaging again like crazy.

J: "Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, I had a lot to do. A lot of flying, shows....that type of stuff you know."

You: " I mean no I don't know, but it sounds exhausting. How are you not constantly asleep?"

J: "Jet lag I guess. Other wise it's Tyler keeping me awake, you know it's hard sleeping next to constant noise."

You: "You should wish for noise-cancelling headphones for your birthday."

J: "Good idea....you know what?"

You: " I know a lot, but I don't think I can read your mind. "

J: " here's my number j/#, I think it will be easier to text over that."

Your smile widened and you saved his number quickly into your phone. You opened the messaging app and searched for his contact, Josh Dun. You couldn't believe it, it was him. You were talking to him, you felt so close to him. You: " Hey, J. It's the crazy cat lady again, I hope you don't mind."

J: "nah, wouldn't have given you my number then would I?"

You: " True "

J: "so, I this might be a little creepy buuuut, I know where you live."

You: "Wait what..."

J: "I mean like the city, I don't have your address!"

You: "Thank goodness, didn't think that information would be out there."

J: " Anyway I just wanted to know I you would like to meet me after the concert next week. "

You: " Sure, you just have to say where and when because I will be there anyway".                                                                                                                 It was hard for you to not let your excitement get the best of you. You would meet Josh flipping Dun in a week. Oh how your life changed just because of those little fur balls living with you.

Credit to bandblogging on Tumblr