King and queen

Josh Dun imagine

"Y/N I love your senior quote in the yearbook. It's so poetic. I'm shocked you didn't pick a quote from a Twenty One Pilots song." Your friend Maddie told you.
"Yeah, I just really liked this quote better. Also I thought I would be a little weird to quote my bo-" you cut yourself off from saying anymore.
Nobody but your parents,Tyler, Jenna, and his family knew about you and Josh's relationship and you weren't planning on telling anyone soon.
"Your what? Fantasy boyfriend Josh?" She teased.
"Yeah. Exactly." You pushed it off not wanting to let it slip that you have been dating Josh for the past 15 months.
You had met Josh about over a year ago at a club. You were underage and used a fake I.D. to get in. You saw Josh from across the club and his bright pink hair caught your eye. He came over to you and started to talk to you and the both of you instantly had a connection. He didn't know you were only 17 at the time until he asked if you wanted to head back to his place. That's when you warned him that you were only 17. He didn't care, because he wanted to get to know you more than to have sex with you. You were pretty mature for your age and the connection you two had made the age difference seem like nothing.
After hanging out and going on small dates for about 2 months Josh finally asked you out. You didn't want to tell your parents, fearing they would say it was unacceptable that you were dating someone 10 years older than you. Josh insisted saying it was the right thing to do. They took it fairly well just warning Josh to not mess anything up.
Now 15 months into the relationship you were about to walk across the stage of you high school and be in the real world. You were excited, because that meant you and the yellow haired boy you loved so much can go far away for a bit together.
Your friends were all fans of Twenty One Pilots and whenever they brought them up you so badly wanted to talk about Josh. When your friend went on about how hot Josh was you got a bit jealous, but she didn't know you were dating so you couldn't be mad. When Josh went on tour you facetimed nightly and he made sure to stop by whenever he had a day off to see you. You and all your friends went to the concert that was closest to you and when you went missing after the show you had to come up with an excuse that you got sick and your mom came to pick you up, when really you were hanging out Tyler, Jenna, and Josh then later went to Josh's hotel room for some "privacy".
Everyone who knew about you two were super nice about it and often forgot you were still in high school. You talked about mature topics and you got along with everyone. Jenna and you were extremely close too. She always said you were like her long lost twin.
When you turned 18 Josh made sure to see you and spend as much time with you as possible. It was hard since he spent a lot of time on the road, but you didn't mind, your facetime dates were always some of the best.
It was the night before your graduation and you were on the phone with Josh. It was one of your usual facetime dates. He was at the airport on his way back to you and you laid on your bed taking in the sight of your boyfriend.
"So you excited to graduate babe?" he asked.
"Yup, but I'm more excited to see you." you said.
"I know. Only 11 hours, 45 minutes and 43 seconds." Josh said looking down at his watch.
"That's cute you have a count down."
"I'm always counting down for you baby." he said and you laughed.
"I love you, but it's getting late and I should probably sleep." you said while yawning.
"Alright. Good night love." he said blowing you a kiss then hanging up.
You fell asleep and before you knew it the feeling of lips on your forehead woke you up.
"Josh." you nearly tackled him with a kiss.
"Good morning beautiful." he said before kissing you again.
"I'm so glad you're here" you said hugging him close.
"I know and although I would love to hold you all day, it's almost 10 and you need to get ready." he said letting you go.
You frowned before walking over to your vanity where you started your makeup. After 2 hours of makeup, hair, and conversation you were finally ready.
"Wow, you look stunning." Josh said before kissing your lips deeply, then there was a knock on your door and you mom came in.
"Sorry to barge in, but we have to go. Oh Josh It's good to see you." she said hugging Josh.
"You too. Now you heard her Y/N, go get our graduate butt in the car." he said and you rolled your eyes while walking out of your bedroom and downstairs.
Once at the ceremony you had to part ways with Josh early and you left him with your parents. They all got along quite well so you had nothing to worry about. It was better if he wasn't near you, because you didn't want anyone knowing you were dating. You hoped nobody recognized him or asked who he was with.
You met up with a few friends and took a seat. After waiting for a while Maddie nudged you.
"Y/N look there is someone with Yellow hair over there." she said pointing to Josh. "what if it's Josh Dun." she laughed.
"Maddie stop, why would Josh Dun be here." you said then changed the topic again.
It was finally time for your name to be called so you could walk across the stage.
"Y/N Y/L/N." the speaker said and many cheers were heard.
You knew Josh was cheering and it made you happy knowing he had come.
Once the rest of the ceremony ended you quickly found Josh and your family (thanks to his hair).
"Y/N congratulations." Josh hugged you tight.
"Thanks, but keep it casual." you whispered in his ear and he let go of you.
"So let's get out of here before anyone recognizes Josh. We'll do pictures back at home." your dad said.
You and Josh walked back to the car distance between the two of you. It was times like these that it was hard to not be able to hold hands with your boyfriend or simply walk next to him, but it was better this way.
Once you got in the car you pulled out your phone that was buzzing like crazy.
There was a bunch of texts from your friend Maddie telling you to look at Josh's snapchat story. You immediately opened snapchat and went to Josh's snapchat story. There was a 10 second video of your name being called while you crossed the stage and him cheering.
"JOSH." you said while hitting his knee.
"What?" he asked confused.
"Why did you put this on your story?" you asked while playing the video again.
"Oh shit. I meant to send that to Jordan and Ashley. I'll take it down."
"Josh I bet a lot of people already saw it. What are we going to do?" you aid franticly.
"I say just leave it. Let people guess who you are. I mean it's only a matter of time before people catch on." he said calmly, helping you calm down.
"You're right. Plus people are just going to think I'm like your younger cousin or something. Which is gonna be weird when they find out we're dating." you said and Josh laughed.
"See it'll all work out. Now let's go back to your house and party." he said pumping his fist in the air.
-2 months later-
"Y/N, I'm so glad you and Josh decided to make your relationship public. It's so exciting being able to go out with the both of you and not have an awkward distance between the two of you." Jenna told you.
"Yeah it's great." you said with a fake smiling.
"What's wrong?" she asked sitting down next to you.
You sat there and listened to the song playing in the background for a minute before answering.
"Just people say things about us and our relationship and they don't even know anything about me. People say I pay for Josh to date me and I'm probably a complete nag being 10 years younger than him and all."
"You can't listen to them. They all just want to be in your shoes. Josh loves you and you're not a nag at all. I often forget you're even younger than us. You're very mature and I know for a fact that they don't know the first thing about you. If they saw how much of a king you treat Josh, they would love you. I think once you give it some time, they will warm up to you." Jenna told you and the music ended.
You saw the two boys running off stage so you stood. Josh opened his arms for a hug and you dodged him, but he still got a hold of you.
"Ew, you're all sweaty and gross." you whined trying to squirm out of his grasp.
"Say you love me and I'll let go." he told you and you laughed.
"I love you." you rushed.
"Say it and mean it." he told you.
"I love you." you said slower then kissed him.
"That's better." he said letting you go.
"So adorable." Tyler said walking away with Jenna following him.
No it was just you and Josh. well there were other people around, but it just felt like the two of you. It always did.
"I always mean it when I say it." you said.
"I love you too." he said kissing you again. "Now you need a shower and so do I. What do you say we save some water and take one shower." he said with a smirk on his face pulling you along to the shower.
He really was your king and you were his queen. You didn't care what his fans said. They didn't understand and they never. They didn't know you but Josh did and his opinion was the only one that mattered to you.

Credit to topimagines on Tumblr

Also thank you guys for 4K reads I love you❤️