First day at chipotle (part one)

Josh Dun imagine

You nervously tied on your apron and put on your hat, looking in the mirror. It was your first day on the job, and you felt unprepared. When you first sent in the application to Chipotle, you didn't think you'd get the job, but surprisingly, they enjoyed your optimism, energy, and bright smile, and claimed to be excited for you to come work for them. You looked back at your reflection, not sure whether or not you were truly ready to do this. I mean, it was your first job after all, and as much as you loved eating their burritos and chips, you weren't totally ready to start making them.
The drive there wasn't too bad, and before you knew it, three hours into the job and after being given thorough directions, you felt confident that this was the perfect job for you. You were wrapping up a chicken burrito with extra guacamole when he walked in, and your attention focused on him immediately. He had bright pink hair, a black backwards hat on his head, wearing ripped jeans and a tank top, showing off his muscles and his gorgeous tattoos. He had black ear piercings, was holding a skateboard, and a small smile on his lips as he walked in. He was gorgeous. "Hey!" the customer snapped. "I asked for some salsa!"
"Sorry," you instantly fell out of your trance, nodding and apologizing to the customer.
He fell in line, and you silently hoped you'd be the one to help assist him. Maybe even get to know his name at least. You were helping the other customer in line, sneaking glances at the boy, when one of your coworkers, a girl, caught you staring at him. "Ha, you checking out Josh?" she wondered.
"What?" you widened your eyes, unsure of what she said.
"Josh Dun," she repeated, giving a quick point over at him. "He comes here a lot."
"Oh," you mumbled, probably blushing like mad.
"Don't think I didn't see you checking him out," she raised her eyebrows. "Everyone does."
"Does he um, is he in a relationship?" you wondered.
"Nope, he just broke up with his old girlfriend Debby Ryan about a month ago," she replied. "He's all yours."
"What do you mean?" you asked. "Aren't you interested?"
"If I didn't have a boyfriend already," she laughed. "But you go ahead. I wish you the best."
"Thanks," you grinned. Josh came into the line and you didn't want to sound like a creep, already knowing his name and everything, but he smiled at you and you couldn't help but smile back. "Hi, welcome to Chipotle. How can I help you?"
"Wow," he murmured.
"Huh?" you narrowed your eyes, wondering what he meant.
"Nothing," he chuckled, shaking his head and grinning. "Um, I'll take whatever. You go make me something. I'll eat it."
"Well don't you have a preference?" you inquired. "I mean, you surely have to know at least what meat you want on your burrito."
"As long as you're the one making it, I'll eat it," he reassured.
"Okay," you laughed.
"Make your favorite order," he suggested. "I'm just hungry, and Chipotle is one of my favorite places to eat, so I'm up for anything."
"Anything, huh?" you wondered, making your way down the line and adding almost everything to the burrito.
"Yup," he nodded. "What's your name?"
"I'm y/n," you answered. "How about you?"
"You don't know who I am?" he asked.
"Nope," you lied.
"Come on, I'm sure you know," he rolled his eyes. "Everyone does."
"Everyone but me apparently," you shrugged.
"But I come here all the time," he insisted. "I've never seen you here, I mean, I'd remember if I did, but you have to have at least overheard a rumor or two."
"It's my first day on the job," you explained.
"Still," he protested. "You don't even have a guess?"
"I don't know who you are," you fibbed. "Honest."
"Well I'm Josh Dun," he introduced. "You know? The drummer?"
"You're a drummer?" you played dumb.
"Yeah," he tilted his head to the side. "For the band Twenty One Pilots."
"Never heard of them," you chuckled. Lies.
"Well you should check out my band sometime, I think you'd like it," he offered, handing you a ticket to his next concert. "It's in town."
"How come you'd think I'd like it?" you asked playfully, putting his burrito in a bag.
"I don't know. Maybe cause I think I like you," he winked.
"Maybe I think I like you too," you grinned and then picked up a sharpie, writing your number on the outside of the bag, along with your name, and a smiley face. "It was nice to meet you, Josh."
"You too y/n," he nodded, picking up the bag and his smile becoming even bigger when he realizes your number is written on the bag. "So, um, will I see you at my show?"
"Probably," you replied.
"Good. Cause I'll have something there for you," he handed you his credit card and you swiped it, handing it back to him.
"Like what?" you raised your eyebrows, curious.
"I don't know, you'll have to come to find out," he joked. He picked up his bag and you blew him a kiss, and he laughed, walking out the door.
The other employee, the girl who had told you who Josh was, walked over to you and giggled. "So I'm guessing it went well?" she wondered.
"It went fabulous," you sighed. "I just really hope he calls me."
"I know he will," she reassured. "He's a nice guy."
"So what do you know about Josh?" you wondered, turning to face your coworker.
"I know he likes you," she teased.
"Whatever," you rolled your eyes.
"He does," she persisted. "I bet he loves you."
"I hope he does," you chuckled to yourself. Josh Dun seemed like such a sweet guy, and you were basically counting down the hours until you could go to the concert tonight. It seemed like your first day on the job went a whole lot better than you thought it would after all.

Credit to thepatricktreestump on Tumblr