Remember

Josh Dun imagine

Bright lights, fancy awards, elegant attire, loud applause, crisp champagne, a crowd full of people, and your two best friends, it was a night like no other. Ever since Tyler and Josh's new album hit the top of the charts, they had been busy as hell. Whether award shows, parties, interviews, concerts, touring, music video filming, or just traveling on the road, they always seemed to be the center of attention. It didn't surprise you that they had won another award, but you were surprised when they decided to go to the after party. Usually they would bow out, decide to go back to the tour bus, and instead, blast music, eat cereal, and do their own little thing. They were never usually ones for parties. But however, winning an award and just finishing tour, going to a grand scale celebrity party must've sounded like the perfect way to celebrate. "Come on, y/n," Josh insisted. "It'll be fun. We don't even have to drink or anything, we can just go there, talk to some people, dance for a little bit, that's all."
"Just a couple hours," Tyler agreed.
"I never said I wasn't going," you narrowed your eyes. "I'm just double checking that this is really what you guys want to do."
"Why? You doubt me and my partying abilities?" Tyler playfully gasped, putting a hand to his chest and acting deeply offended. "Believe me, y/n, I can bust a move like nobody knows."
"Whatever," you rolled your eyes. "I'm just making sure none of you will chicken out on me halfway through the night."
"Never," Tyler shook his head. "I'm on top of the world right now, and I don't think I want to come down anytime soon. How about you, Josh?"
"Huh?" Josh lifted his head from his phone. "I was just scrolling through the group chat. The party starts in a couple minutes. I'd start heading over now."
"Teenagers and their phones," Tyler clicked his tongue.
"I'm researching," Josh laughed. "I have to find the address somehow."
It wasn't long before you guys had arrived, and sure enough, it was just as you had imagined it. There was a plethora of people crowding the dance floor where a professional DJ and live band were playing music, a kitchen equipped with a bar tender serving all sorts of drinks and foods ranging anywhere from a five-foot-tall chocolate fountain to gourmet French fries, a longue where people were smoking and snorting who knows what kind of drugs, and of course, the usual pool table in the corner. "They went all out," you shouted to Josh over the music as Tyler led you both towards the kitchen.
"Typical party," he shrugged, putting an arm around you as you approached the bar tender. You and Josh were just friends, but you had to admit, you had a tiny crush on him, and when he put his arm around your shoulder, you couldn't help but feel a small tug on your heartstrings. You tried to ignore your stupid feelings and took a seat next to Josh before asking for a drink.
"I'll have a tequila," you ordered. Josh eyed you strangely. "What?"
"I don't know," he tried acting casual. "I think I'm just going to stick to Red Bull tonight."
"You should have at least one drink," you argued, thanking the bar tender with a nod as he handed you a glass and you downed a shot. "Loosen up, celebrate, have some fun."
"I'm already having fun," he chuckled, popping open the tab of his can before taking a sip. "As long as I'm with you, I'm enjoying myself."
"Flirt," you smirked, trying to ignore the blush in your cheeks and ordering another shot. "You sure you don't want one?"
"Somebody's going to have to drive us home, remember?" he raised an eyebrow.
"Tyler already agreed to do that on the ride here," you pointed out. "Here, I'll order a margarita and you just have a sip or two."
"Y/n," Josh began to protest, but you were already waving at the bar tender to hit you up. You started on your next drink and Josh took a deep breath. "Maybe you should pace yourself a little bit. There's still a lot of the night to go."
"I'll be just fine," you rolled your eyes. That's when Josh looked down at his phone. "What's the matter?"
"Mark Hoppus just got here," Josh explained. "He wants to congratulate me on the award and some stuff, talk for a little bit, catch up. Is it okay if I leave you here?"
"Yup," you nodded. "I'm not going anywhere!"
"No more drinks," Josh narrowed his eyes. "Not until I get back anyways, got it? It will only take a couple minutes. Look, Tyler's right over there talking to Pete Wentz if you need somebody."
"Don't worry about me," you groaned. "Go talk to Mark. I'll be right here waiting for you."
"Okay," Josh complied hesitantly before sliding off his seat, gulping down the rest of his Red Bull, and then heading off to find his friend.
The rest of the night was basically a blur. You remember someone sitting down beside you, either Joe Trohman or Brendon Urie, and they had convinced you to have a couple more drinks. The bar tender had eventually cut you off because you had reached your limit for the night. One of your favorite songs came on and you stumbled onto the dance floor, slurring out the lyrics noisily, a random stranger picking you up off the floor, and then Tyler coming to save you. "Woah there," Tyler steadied you. "You're a mess."
"Where's Josh?" your incomprehensible attempt at speaking tumbled out of your mouth.
"Hmm?" Tyler cocked an eyebrow. "Oh, I think he went back. He couldn't find you."
"He left?" you slurred out.
"Yeah," Tyler nodded. "To his hotel room. It's getting late anyways. You should probably go back too. He'll take care of you, I'll leave you with him for the night. How about that?"
"I'd like that," you responded happily.
"Goodness gracious, y/n, you're reeking of alcohol," Tyler frowned. "How much did you drink?"
"Just a little," you replied.
"Uh huh..." he murmured. "Well how about we get you home?"
"Is Josh at home?" you sputtered out excitedly, your mind nothing but a jumbled mess of thoughts.
"He's at the hotel, yeah," Tyler answered. "But come on. We've got to get you in the car and then drive there too." It took a while for him to drag you out to the driveway and help you into your seat, but eventually you were sitting shotgun, buckled in, and somewhat sane as Tyler drove down the road.
"Can I talk to Josh?" you wondered.
"Of course you can," Tyler laughed. "We'll see him in a little while."
"No," you whined impatiently. "Right now."
"Right now?" he raised his eyebrows, gaze flickering from the road to you. "Uh, sure. You can call him if you want."
"I can?" you asked eagerly.
"Sure you can," he chuckled. "I mean, we'll see him in just a couple minutes, but if you have to talk to him so bad, you can go right ahead."
You fumbled for your phone in your pocket before pulling it out, somehow by miracle able to properly call Josh on the first try. The phone rang several times before he answered. "Hey y/n," he greeted. "Sorry, I got kind of sleepy and I asked Tyler to take you home. How are you doing?"
"I'm so happy," you sighed, slurring your words. "You should've been there."
"Oh gosh," Josh groaned. "Did you drink some more?"
"Just a little," you insisted.
"A lot," Tyler piped up.
"Don't listen to him," you argued. "I'm just a bit tipsy, that's all."
"You want to stay with me tonight?" Josh offered. "In case you get sick or something? I'm sure you won't be so happy in a couple hours when all that junk starts to ruin your system."
"That's what I was thinking," Tyler explained loud enough for Josh to hear. "If that's alright with you."
"It's cool," Josh replied. "You'll be sticking with me tonight, y/n."
"Sounds like a plan," you grinned.
"Don't get too excited," Tyler rolled his eyes. "You're probably going to have a killer hangover tomorrow morning."
When you rolled into the parking lot of the hotel, Tyler could barely get you standing on your two feet. "I'm kind of dizzy," you admitted. "Maybe that's why my feet don't work."
"I'm dizzy just looking at you," Tyler laughed. "Come on, let's get you upstairs and to Josh's room."
"How do I walk if my feet don't work?" you pouted.
"Your feet work just fine," Tyler sighed. "You just need to try to use them."
"I want Josh," you insisted, swaying a couple times before Tyler stood you upright.
"I'm about to give up on you," Tyler glared playfully. "Don't make me call him down here to carry you."
"I'd like that," you giggled cheerfully. "I'd like that a lot."
"Y/n, you are so drunk," Tyler rolled his eyes.
"I want to see Josh," you complained as he tugged you towards the door of the hotel, shoving you towards the elevator. "I love Josh."
"Oh, I'm sure you do," Tyler smirked. "You don't have to be drunk for me to figure that out."
"I love him so much," you repeated.
"Well you better behave yourself," Tyler narrowed your eyes, helping you out of the elevator and supporting you as you ambled down the hallway to Josh's hotel room. When Josh opened the door, he stared at you, widening his eyes.
"Oh geez," he muttered. "I thought I told you not to drink anymore!"
"You got it from here?" Tyler asked, pained look on his face. "I'm dead tired. Y/n's been quite the handful."
"Hey!" you snapped. "I've been an angel!"
"Have you now?" Josh chuckled.
"I'm going to turn in for the night," Tyler sighed. "You have fun with that one."
"I'll try," Josh teased. He lugged you into the room and sat you on the couch. "Try to get some sleep, okay?"
"No!" you whined, tugging at his arm when he tried to walk away. "I want to stay with you."
"You want me to stay out here for a little while until you fall asleep?" he wondered.
"I want to fall asleep with you," you corrected. "Pretty please? With a cherry on top?"
"You're cute when you're drunk," he rolled his eyes.
"You're cute all the time," you insisted.
"Sure," Josh laughed. "Come on, how about you join me and we can go to my bed?"
"Bed?" you raised your eyebrows and grinned.
"Stop it," he shook his head. "I mean so we can sleep."
"You want to sleep with me?" you smiled slyly. "Joshua Dun."
"You're just being silly," he argued. "Come on, we're going to go sleep. In bed. Now."
"Whatever you say," you shrugged, goofy grin still plastered on your face as he just laughed and scooped you up in his arms, carrying you to the hotel bed and before tucking you in. "Bridal style."
"That's right," he chuckled. "I don't want you falling on your face, it's best if I carry you."
"You carry me like a bride," you yawned happily. "Does that mean we're going to get married?"
"Sure," he joked. "If you want."
"That would make me so happy," you sighed, turning over to face him, scooching closer to him underneath the sheets. "You and me, together forever."
"You're so drunk," he laughed. "I bet you won't even remember any of this tomorrow morning."
"Is that when our wedding is?" you tilted your head. "Tomorrow morning?"
"Sure, why not," Josh decided.
"Can I ask you something?" you frowned. "It's important."
"Of course," he smiled. "Anything you want."
"Can you kiss me?" you inquired, hopeful eyes gazing up at his. "Please?"
"Uh..." Josh stared at you for a second, debating it. "I'd love to, really, but I think you'd rather have me kiss you when you're sober. So you remember, you know?"
"So you want to?" your eyes lit up.
"Yeah," he admitted. "I'd love to. But I'd also want you to remember."
"Maybe I don't need to remember," you offered. "Maybe it can be our secret. Just tonight."
"Just tonight?" Josh raised an eyebrow, still contemplating it in his head. You were being awfully tempting, and those lips looked so soft and sweet, but he knew it was wrong. He shouldn't do anything you wouldn't be comfortable with sober. Much less, he had just confessed that he wanted to kiss you! He was crazy! What if you remembered that tomorrow morning? What if it was just your drunk self-talking? Questions swirled around in his brain and doubt began to eat away at him, anxiety slowly seeping into his brain.
"Please," you begged. "Come on, Josh. Just one kiss won't hurt."
"I guess it won't," he agreed shyly.
"Then come on," you insisted, staring at him. You lowered your voice to barely a whisper. "Just kiss me." He leaned in and rested a hand behind your head, pulling you close and kissing your lips gently, lingering a moment before pulling back, opening his eyes and staring at you.
"I love you," he breathed, still lost in your eyes, trying to figure out what he had just done, much less, said.
"I love you too," you grinned. "Come on, let's not stop there." You leaned in for another kiss but he shook his head, closing his eyes tight before opening them again.
"Not tonight," he took a deep breath. "Maybe when you're sober, but I um, I shouldn't have done that y/n. You're not thinking right."
"I'm thinking perfectly fine!" you rolled your eyes. "Please Josh, I want more."
"So do I," he mumbled. "But I really don't think we should do this now."
"Josh," you stated his name and reached forward to grab his shirt, snaking your hands down his chest and trying to tug it up. "We can't stop there."
"Yes," he chuckled. "We can. We should."
"I want this off," you whined, tugging up his shirt again but he just laughed nervously, tugging the hem of his shirt back down to his waist.
"Let's try to keep our clothes on, okay?" he raised his eyebrows. "I think it's best you get some sleep, clear your head, and we'll try this again some other time."
"Not another time," you complained. "Now."
"I know, but we can't," he insisted. "It's not right."
"Didn't it feel so good though?" you argued. "Your lips on mine? Being so close? Just the two of us, in this bed, together? Didn't you feel something?"
"I did," he nodded slowly. "However I think you just aren't in the right circumstances to do any of that right now. You probably don't even understand half of the things you're saying. How about we cuddle and fall asleep, is that okay?"
"I want more than cuddles," you persisted.
"Look, y/n, I'm sorry," he sighed. "But please, I'm not going to argue with you anymore. Let's just go to sleep. Please?"
"Okay," you mumbled.
"Thank you," he sighed. He pressed a soft kiss to your forehead. "Goodnight sweetheart."
A couple minutes passed before you fell asleep, eyes closed, wrapped in Josh's arms. You both laid there in silence, a mixture of soft snores, quiet heartbeats, and shallow breathing. That was until the sun filtered through the blinds and there was a churning, horrible, miserable feeling in the pit of your stomach, and you stumbled out of bed, escaping his arms and staggering to the bathroom, flinging open the door and retching all the contents of your stomach into the toilet bowl. Vomiting wasn't a pretty sight, especially during a horrific hangover, and you felt absolutely embarrassed you had caused the mess in Josh's hotel bathroom. You heard him stirring in bed, calling your name, and your face instantly turned red. Your head was spinning, a terrible migraine overtaking you, and sure enough, you found yourself puking up even more. You felt Josh kneel beside you, rubbing small gentle circles on your back, brushing your hair out of your face. "I'm sorry," you sputtered out. "Shit, I'm so sorry-"
"It's okay," he reassured. "Don't apologize."
"I feel miserable," you mumbled and he frowned, handing you a towel to clean your mouth and flushing the toilet, helping you up and giving you a hug.
"I told you not to drink anymore last night," he reminded.
"Did I?" you wondered, watching his eyes soften as he released the embrace.
"You don't remember anything... do you?" he whispered.
"Why? Did uh, did something happen?" you looked around and started to realize how strange it was that you slept in Josh's bed, he was cuddling you this morning, and you supposedly got absolutely wasted last night. "Fuck, I'm so sorry."
"It's okay," he shook his head. "Don't worry about it, nothing happened. I just let you stay here for the night because I was afraid you might get sick. I'm glad I did, I mean, I wouldn't want you all alone with a horrible hangover."
"Thank you," you stuttered out. "Goddammit I feel absolutely miserable."
"I'll get you a glass of water and some Advil," he decided. "Just take it easy, okay? When you're done you can just lay on the bed. Got it?"
"Yeah," you nodded slowly. "Thanks so much."
"No problem," he gave a small smile. "I just really hope you feel better soon."
You took a wet washcloth and wiped your face, taking a deep breath, then heading to the bed, rolling underneath the sheets. Josh approached you, handing you a cup of water and a couple Advil, which you downed and thanked him before resting your head on the pillow. "Can you, uh, stay with me? Maybe?" you asked shyly. "I don't really want to be alone."
"Sure," he replied, pulling up the covers and lying beside you. Without thinking, he put an arm around you, pulling you closer, and you smiled. "Uh, is this okay? If I do this?"
"It's more than okay," you laughed. "I just wish I didn't feel so shitty so I could enjoy it more. It's not often I get cuddles."
"You got plenty last night," he chuckled.
"About that..." your voice trailed off. "What um, what did I do exactly? Last night?"
"You were fine," Josh reassured. "I kept you under control. Tyler made sure you behaved."
"Behaved?" you took a shaky breath.
"Yeah," he smirked.
"W-what did I do?" you stammered.
"I don't know," he shrugged. "I mean, obviously you don't really remember. And when you were drunk you promised it would be our little secret."
"Josh-" a worried, embarrassed, scared look spread across your face.
"Don't worry," he insisted. "Much to your disliking, I made sure we kept all our clothes on."
"What does that mean?" you grew quiet, twice as self-conscious now.
"You really want to know?" Josh raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah, I sort of do," you admitted. "I mean, if I'm as rambunctious as you say I was."
"Maybe I should tell you when you feel better," he decided.
"I want to know," you argued. "Now. Please?"
"You were getting sort of, um, suggestive last night," he explained. "You wanted to do stuff, but I told you no cause you were absolutely wasted. You got all mopey and sad and kept persisting and we uh, we kissed, once. But then I made you go to bed."
"We kissed?" your face turned bright red. "Oh gosh, I'm sorry, look I didn't mean to-"
"It's okay," he laughed. "I'm fine. I just thought that um, you might want to know."
"Yeah," you nodded slowly. "So... was it a good kiss?"
"Maybe you would've remembered if you weren't so drunk," he rolled his eyes jokingly.
"No really," you persisted. "Or was it awkward?"
"Maybe you should find out for yourself," he suggested.
"What do you mean?" you narrowed your eyes.
"You know exactly what I mean," he whispered. You stared at him for a second before capturing him in a kiss, pressing his lips on his and feeling him pull you closer, eyes closed, mouths opened, tongues moving in syncopation, his body so close to yours. When you pulled away you both opened your eyes, staring at each other, and you blinked twice.
"Did that really just happen?" you wondered, gasping for breath.
"Yeah," Josh breathed, eyes staring into yours. "It did."
"No, like last night," you clarified, taking a deep breath and still unable to move your gaze away from his. "Did that happen?"
"Not as intimate, no," he shook his head. "And uh, I don't know about you, but I liked this one a lot better."
"Me too," you smiled. "Hopefully I'll remember."
"You think, uh, we should do it again?" he hinted. "Just in case?"
"Josh," you laughed. "I don't think I'll be forgetting any of this anytime soon."
"Do you still feel horrible?" he tilted his head to the side.
"I feel much better," you replied. "But like you said, I think another kiss wouldn't hurt."
"You know you didn't have to be drunk to kiss me, y/n," Josh reminded. "I would've kissed you sober just fine. All you had to do is ask."
"I was scared," you admitted. "I mean, hell, what's Tyler going to think?"
"I think he already knows," Josh laughed. "You told him you were in love with me last night."
"I did?" you widened your eyes. "What else happened that you never told me about?"
"You wanted my shirt off," he added.
"I still do," you teased.
"I'm pretty sure I can make that happen," he gave a sly smile.
"Yeah?" you grinned.
"Yeah," he murmured.
"I think I found the perfect cure to a killer hangover," you chuckled.
"What? Kissing?" he raised his eyebrows.
"Nah," you shook your head. "You."

Credit to thepatricktreestump on Tumblr