Chapter 3

Melissa's POV:

Melissa's POV:

"Tim!" I shout at him. He's been covering my eyes for about three blocks now. We got our coffee but I'm about to drop it. "Are we almost there? This coffee is going to spill all over me."

"I won't let that happen." He says in my ear.

This would be cute if he wasn't significantly taller than me and is constantly stepping on the back of my feet because I'm so short. It doesn't help that I don't even know where we're going.

He stops me from walking and steadies my body. "Okay, are you ready?"

"I don't know." I say teasing.

I can hear him giggle in my ear. "Surprise!"

He moves his hand from my eyes and a jewelry store is sitting in front of me.

I turn to him to convince him again that I don't need anything, but he stops me.

"Ah, ah, ah!" He wraps his arms around my waist. "I know you said you don't need a ring, but I want you to have one. I want my girl to be shown off as my girl and tell the world that we're together. End of discussion."

I really don't need a ring. A ring would be nice though. Also, if he's going to get so masculine about it, he knows I can't say no.

He's lucky he's sexy.

We walk in and there are two single counters and one long counter that wraps around three walls. There's a blonde woman behind the counter waiting for customers to come in.

She looks up from her clipboard and greets us with a smile. "Hi, welcome to Maya's! Can I help you find anything today?"

I feel Tim start to guide me. "That's okay we just found what we were looking for."

Tim stops us in front of the counter with a sign that says rings on it. He didn't waste any time bringing me over here. It's actually really cute. The idea of having a ring is growing on me. That is until I look at down and I'm almost blinded by all the diamonds I see.

"I guess they're not known for subtlety." Rings are everywhere. I didn't know they could come in so many different shapes and sizes. The sizes are what's surprising me the most. "How'd you find this place?"

He shrugs. "I honestly just searched the closest jewelry store."

"When? I was with you all morning and all night." I tease.

He's blushing. "I mean I don't know. The thought of marriage just popped into my head one day and I knew you were the one. Next thing you know I was just looking up stores." He pulls me closer to him. "I know it's not going to be easy, but I want to at least help take your mind off of everything that's been happening. If I can make you focus on us and the happy things just for one minute, then I'll feel like I did somewhat of my job."