Chapter 59

Melissa's POV:

The day went by as slow as it possibly could.

To tell you the truth, I fell asleep at my desk twice. No one came in, and as far as I'm concerned no one knocked at my door either.

Now that the day is coming to an end, I have to figure out what I'm going to do.

Am I going back to Ziva's?

Is she going to come up here and get me?

Is Tim going to try and talk to me?

All these questions are running through my head as I'm packing my stuff up. I just want to get out of here. I told myself this is going to be a good idea. I thought working would get my mind off of everything. I was right it did work for a little bit. When I was asleep it worked even more because it wasn't in my dreams and I'm thankful for that. Now that I'm awake and don't know where I'm going to be after this, I'd rather just get the hell out of here and figure it out instead of waiting until I'm allowed to go.

I wander over to the couch just to sit down. If I fall asleep it would be bad if Ziva wants to go immediately but I want to close my eyes again and see if I can fall asleep just for a few more minutes. If I can't leave yet, I might as well sleep.

As I'm making my way over to the couch, I hear my door bust open behind me. When I turn, I see someone that I wasn't prepared to see.

"Melissa." Tim says as he shuts it. "We need to talk."

I didn't expect to see him here. I thought I would have passed him when I was walking with Ziva to the car. I did not expect him to barge in here without any notice.

"Um-" We do need to talk. I just don't know what to say.

"Don't say anything." He becomes stern. "It's my turn to talk."

I haven't said anything.

"I know yesterday looked bad."

Excuse me? "It was bad." I was there just in time to see it.

"I-I know." He clears his throat. He straightens his back. I can see in his eyes that he's trying to be brave right now.

Brave for what?

"I did not intend for Abby to come over. I never wanted this to happen."

"But it did. You kissed her back."

"Yes, I did."

My mouth is left open. The way we just said those words was like him taking responsibility but rubbing it in my face at the same time.

"I kissed her back and do you want to know why?"

"No." Yes.

He doesn't listen to me. He knows me better than that. "Because I wanted to know the feeling because her and I had something once."

Is he joking right now? He's my fiancé and he's kicking me while I'm down.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"That part, no, and not this part either, but the way you feel right now I understand because I went through it when you kissed Pat."

He has got to be kidding me right now. That was so long ago. That was something that happened when we weren't even together. That was in the past before we were even engaged and before we moved in together. On top of that it feels like forever ago.

"Tim, we weren't together. You broke up with me."

"And I know that." He comes closer to me with a softer voice. "I put it all aside because I was stupid and broke us up. That doesn't mean when I thought of you kissing someone else that it didn't break me. So, I know what you're going through right now."