Chapter 111

Tony's POV:

Tony's POV:

One week, one day, and two hours since the funeral.

I've been home since then, debating whether to call her or to go over there.

Day 1 and day 2: I thought it was too soon. I didn't think hearing people's condolences and asking how she is would make her feel any better.

Day 3: I figured she would be busy trying to forget what happened. I don't know how she could forget considering he was her husband and it happened right before her eyes. But I know that's what I would be trying to do. Hell, I've been trying it for days and it hasn't been working.

That was the day I would pick up the phone, hear the dial tone and hang up. I didn't know what to say in this situation. Especially, because Melissa kept reminding us that it happened to us too.

Day 4: I decided to say whatever came to mind when she answered the phone. Except, she didn't answer. Instead, I got their voicemail. I couldn't hang up the phone because it was their voicemail, the voicemail that I heard when I called during the wedding. I heard his voice and all I could think was that I was never going to hear it again. My body and heart stopped when I heard him. I hung up the moment it made a beep and called again. Then again, and again, and again. Then, it occurred to me that each time I called she didn't answer the phone.

My next phone call was to Ziva. I know it was selfish to call her first, because like Melissa said, it happened to us too.

"Hey, Ziva!" I try to sound okay so that she doesn't worry. "Last time something like this happened you said I could have called. Here I am calling, do you know where she is?"

She told me that Abby invited her to stay over because she thought it wasn't a good idea for her to stay home in the big house alone. She told me that she's been there ever since the incident. I realize that I would have known that if I didn't go straight to work and look up all the names of the people who could be involved with that gang and the people in their families. No one knew why I was alone in acting crazy for so long. That was until Vance got the call from Gibbs. Vance called Ducky and told him and Palmer what was going on. He told Palmer to get up there because he knew out of everyone, I was going to listen to baby Palmer. He didn't know Tim like I did but he knew him a whole lot better than Vance.

When I asked Ziva how she was doing I knew she was going to do what I was doing. Taking it. She asked me how I was, and I said, "If you're okay, then I am the same." She knew what I meant. I could tell by the way she ended up silent after I said it. Then, she told me she goes to Abby's once a day and calls at night. She doesn't stay too long because if it were her husband, she wouldn't want anyone to overstay their welcome. She told Melissa that and her response was he may have not been her husband, but he was still her family. I imagine after that she said it happened to us too.

The other days follow suit. I was asked not to be at NCIS until Gibbs calls me back. I would try to turn myself away from the phone to not call to hear his voice again. Sometimes I just can't stay away, and I would have to call. I don't remember what day it was, but I remember I threw my phone at the wall. I tried not to think that I would never hear his voice again. For some reason I pictured Melissa deleting the recording and then I would really never hear it again and that's when I threw it. I don't know why that popped into my mind. I think I just wanted to be angry.