Chapter 89

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

At first, it was like everything was happening so fast. Melissa ran out of the car and was walking in the house before I could even get out of the car. When I got out, I dropped my keys, and that's when life started moving at a normal pace. I was getting the suits from the back and pieces started falling off the hangers. I felt like I had to move fast, so Melissa didn't see anything fall on the ground. Then, time started moving in slow motion when I heard the loudest, piercing scream I have ever heard come from her house.

I dropped the suit back where they were and started running. It felt as if no matter how fast I ran I wasn't going to get to her. Once I got to the door, I slammed my body against the it, to find it wasn't fully closed.

I continued to hear her scream and ran towards the kitchen where she was. That's when I saw why she was screaming. She was kneeling on the floor next to James, who was faced down on the floor with blood coming from his head. His cane was in front of his body, looking as if he was trying to stop the fall.

Melissa was holding his heading, begging him to wake up and to hold on.

"I'll call 9-1-1." I told her. I called and told them we need an ambulance right away. I gave them all the information they needed and hung up the phone.

She was hysterically crying and begging him to hang on. She kept saying she loved him and that things are good between them now.

"Don't do this." She was holding his head and getting blood all over her pink shirt.

"Baby." I gently put my hand on her shoulders to not startle her. "Baby, I know this is scary, but I don't want you to do anymore damage to him."

"T-there is no damage. He's going to be fine." There were tears all over her face and snot dripping from her nose.

"He survived a war, a gunshot, NCIS, he can survive a cut." I can hear her groggy voice from screaming so loud.

"Baby, please." I had to force her to me and hold her. She gave in and rested her body on mine. She hid her face from looking at James and I tried to cover it. She cried until the ambulance got there and insisted that she went on the ambulance with him.

"I'll follow you, okay?" I told her as she got on there with him.

She shook her head. "Okay."

"I love you."

"I love you."

I ran to the car to start it and was sure to be right behind them. I wasn't going to let a stop light or sign slow me down.

On the drive there, somehow, I managed to make a phone call with how fast I was going.

"Hey, you need to get to the hospital now."

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah, she's fine. It's James."

"I'm on my way,"