Chapter 19

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

Since the other night was ruined by the two stooges, I decided to tell Tony my news today. Let's just hope that he gives me a chance to finally put it out there.

I wish Melissa knew whether Gibbs has more secrets up his sleeve, but that would involve them talking. Until that day comes, I'm pacing through the building trying to figure out where Tony is. He was sent to make copies of one paper and manages to take as many detours he can find.

With as much shock as Tom never catching Jerry, I find him in the breakroom talking to Vance's secretary. Not talking to but trapping against the vending machine.

"Like I said, I have a boyfriend."

That's Tony's least favorite word. Especially if anyone is referring to him.

"See I didn't hear that. I heard boy that's a friend, but if the commitment thing is what you want."

He backs away from her as she leans down to get her bag of candy and go. Tony looks in my direction as she walks past me.

"Probie, what are you doing here?"

"Looking for you."

He makes a fearful look. "Please tell me big scary boss man didn't send you to look for me."

Even though he's driven me mad these past few days, I can't help but laugh at his jokes.

"What's going on Probie?"

I didn't think this would happen, but I feel myself getting emotional. "I have a huge favor to ask you."

"No, I'm not going on a blind date with your cousin who you can only describe as nice."

I hit him in the arm for that one. He says that too me every time, but come on, even I wouldn't do that to him.

"No, you idiot." He laughs it off which is something he normally wouldn't do.

"It's just that you and I have been friends for a long time. We've been through almost everything together. And we know each other better than any other agents here."

"Probie, is there something I should tell Melissa?"

I tried to be emotional and show some brotherhood, but that involves getting through his jokes, but also laughing at them.

"Only if you're telling her that you'll be my best man."

I rip the bandage off and he stops himself from making another joke. He can't tell if I'm serious or not. He waits for the punch line, but I don't have one. He can see that now. I can see he's getting bashful, and instead of a smirk, a smile is forming on his face. "Are you being serious?"

I'll take another chance at having a heart to heart with my hopefully best man. "I can't imagine anyone better for the job."

He's really trying to hold back his smile, but he can't contain himself.