Chapter 40

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

As I follow Nancy, I can feel that I'm pulling myself back in my steps. I want to see how she's doing, but part of me is scared of my little sister. Nancy is walking in front of me, so she can't see what I'm doing. I could make a break for it and she wouldn't notice until she turned around.

I stop suddenly as I look through the glass that I've looked through before. I was sitting in there with Sarah when I was here to see her the next day. When I look through it, I see the man that was basically Sarah's security guard last time I was visiting. When I look at the tables set up, I don't see Sarah, but I see other patients visiting with their friends and family.

I turn to this one table with a father sitting across from who I'm assuming is his daughter. He isn't paying much attention to her. It looks like he's trying to figure out paperwork right in front of her. Which is dumb, she probably shouldn't be seeing what he's reading. Also, this is visiting time, not time for him to go over money or anything else for that matter.

The door on the other side of the room opens and it's a young man in a varsity jacket. He's walking over to the girl and man with cups of water in his hand. He gives the girl a cup and takes a seat next to her. He stares at the man, who must be his father too, and notices he isn't looking. Then, he flicks his sister on the nose. This surprises her and she slaps him on the chest. He does it again and the cycle repeats itself. It stops when they both smile at each other. He puts his arm around her and kisses her on the head. The dad still hasn't looked up from his paperwork, but I don't think she minds now that she has her brother there.

"Timothy?" I hear Nancy call me. "Pick a table you would like to sit at. She'll be in any second now."

I smile and walk to the door she's holding open for me. "Thank you." She nods her head and shuts the door behind me.

I contemplate taking the table that we sat at last time, but I don't want to repeat history. I'm getting flashbacks just by looking at it. I decide on the one next to it.

I'm left alone to stress by myself for a minute when the door on the opposite of me opens.

In walks a girl I don't recognize. Her hair is straight, and her skin has an olive tone to it. She's not dragging her feet when she walks. It looks like she's walking as light as a feather. She has a huge smile on her face and looks in my direction.

Her eyes widen and I see someone I know too well. "Tim!"

There's no way.

The girl gets closer to me and I can't believe my eyes.

It's Sarah.

I get up as she races over to me. No one is paying attention to us. It's as if they didn't hear her shout throughout the room.

I didn't necessarily get up to greet her, but because I was so surprised at her appearance. I had no idea it was her walking through the door.

When she gets to me, she gives me something I didn't think I would get from her ever again, a hug.