Chapter 4

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

I want to rush to work because I want to know what he could possibly have to say for himself. At the same time, I want to take my time because what the hell kind of position is he in to be treating me like this? Especially, now that he figures all of us know the truth now.

Little did we know, one of us knew the truth the entire time.

I can't think about that right now. I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to wrap my mind around how Abby could do this to us. I have to focus on Gibbs right now. I don't know what I'm walking into, but this ring on my finger is showing the world that I got her back.

Melissa over everyone.

I walk straight to observation without looking at anyone. When I get there, he's staring into interrogation, waiting for me.

He turns to me, and I have no emotion just like he always does.

I close the door behind me and don't get to close to him. I don't even want to be here right now.

"I'm assuming you've heard." Is the first thing he says to me.

Obviously. "You're assuming, or your little lap dog has been keeping you updated on Melissa's every move?"

He looks shocked at first when he heard Abby's name. Then, he gets closer to me, but I don't back down. I can't. This was bigger than all of us and I'm here to speak up for once.

"If you're going to have a problem with me, go ahead. Just don't blame Abby for this."

"She helped you keep your secret. It makes perfect sense to why she was fine with having an assistant again. It was because you trusted her because you're a part of her." As weird as that sounded it's true. I'm still working on this sticking up for myself thing. It's harder than it looks.

I thought it would be harder with Gibbs being her biological father, but it isn't. I don't know I just can't image him actually having a kid that had a chance to grow up.

It doesn't make sense I know. Neither does Melissa's situation.

"The whole thing is sick. I don't know what to ask or what to do demand." I'm talking out loud, but it's only meant for me.

"Last time I checked I don't owe you an explanation." He says so calmly.

My frustration is growing. "Last time I checked you never lied to us. You made us keep that damn college secret, and we did it. We didn't ask you anything, but this? This was just too much. Even for you."

"It's why I didn't ask you to keep it."

"But you asked someone to! You asked her best friend!"

I keep pushing the thought of Melissa being related to Gibbs to back of my mind. It still doesn't make sense. James isn't an appropriate suitor for the part, but he's more equipped to play it. He did it well, even if he was a drunk, he played the part well.