Chapter 52

Melissa's POV:

Melissa's POV:

I just got done finishing up an amazing day with Jack and Roger. We talked a little more about the wedding and details that are kind of important and very urgent to take care of. It was just nice to be around them and make jokes and not necessarily worry about the topic.

It was amazing seeing Roger again and how far he's come since losing his son. He is an amazing man and I am so glad he is finding that in himself and not looking for in a relationship with some woman. I did want him to say he was seeing someone just so I know he wasn't alone. I'd rather have him focus on himself though than him feel like he has to be with someone to be happy.

It was a nice relaxer from everything that's been going on lately. Today made me appreciate my fiancé more than I did before. I can't wait to go home to him and snuggle on the bed and talk to him about how I've been feeling and what happen yesterday. I can't wait to be in his arms. I want to tell Jack to drive faster but that would just be inappropriate, and I don't want him to ask me why.

When Jack drops me off, he hugs me a little tighter. It was nice opening up in front of him because it's just showing how our friendship is moving forward. He's very transparent with me and I can't wait to be transparent with him with our friendship moving forward.

I run to the door because I am so excited to see my fiancé. I know this morning I may have been a little cold with him, but it was only because I was figuring out my feelings. I can't wait to tell him everything.

Except, everything changes when I open the door. The first thing I see is my fiancé who I am deeply in love with kissing my ex best friend in the middle of our living room. I'm standing there for a moment speechless because there's no way that this is happening. Then, it sets in that it is because I open the door a little wider and they haven't stopped.

The moment it becomes real is when they stop kissing and they both see me standing at the door. I can see her face tearing away from his and him looking at me like he just seen a ghost.

I can't tell you what he saw or what happens next. I don't know when or how I moved across the floor, but somehow, I end up with Abby's hair in my fist and I'm dragging her to the door.

"Get out of my apartment!" I scream throughout the place.

I open the door and I shove her out on her ass. I slam the door so loud I bet the entire apartment complex heard it.

I slam the door and hear Tim coming near me.

"Baby, baby! It's not what you think."

He reaches for my arm, but I flinch and back away from him. "Don't touch me!" I didn't know I was crying until I look at him and feel tears falling down my face.

He stops himself and stares at me as I stare at him.

"What? Is that what you were doing all day while I was out with Jack and Roger talking about our wedding? That's what you were doing?"

"No!" There's worry all over his face. "Baby, I swear she just got here a few minutes ago!"

"That's supposed to make me feel better!"

"No!"

I don't want to hear this. I can't believe I spent my day talking about how amazing he is and how much I love him. I need to get out of here.

I start to walk past him towards the bedroom. He tries to grab my arm again, but I flinch harder than last time and he keeps his hands to himself.

I start heading for a bag that I left on the floor and start filling it with clothes from the drawers.

"No, baby please don't do this. Let me tell you what happened."

"What? Tell me that I walked in on you kissing someone that I don't even like right now? I saw it Tim."

"No! I was trying to get her off then-"

"Then! Do you want to know what happened next Tim? I thought for moment when I open the door, I saw that you were trying to get away from her. Then, there was a moment that you gave in and started kissing her back. Tell me that it didn't happen. Look into my eyes and tell me that's not what happened."

I don't want him looking into my eyes right now because tears are forming again like they were earlier. But he has to because it's killing me right now that he can't even deny that's what happened.

"Why was she even here!" I ask as I shove some of the last items of clothing in the bag.

"She was looking for you! She wanted to make up with you."

"She has a damn funny way of showing it."

The bag is full, and I don't even want to worry about my tooth brush or anything like that.

I pick up the bag and start walking towards the door, but he blocks me.

"Tim. Move."

"No, this isn't fair. Please just listen to me."

"I did just listen to you and you didn't deny that you kissed her back!"

"How about we say that we're even then? You kissed Sean and I kissed Abby back."

I can't believe he just said what he said. I drop the bag out of shock and eyes start to water even more.

"No. No, I did not kiss Sean. He kissed me and I did not kiss him back not even for second. Not even when he wasn't letting me go when I was trying to push him off of me. My lips stayed near my mouth and I tried to push him off. I never kissed him back. But I just saw with my own eyes that you had a moment and kissed her back like you wanted to." The tears are falling, and my voice is cracking. I pick the bag up even though my vision is blurry, and he lets me walk past him.

"At least tell me where you're going."

I don't answer him. I take my keys and open the door.

"Baby, please."

I don't say anything. I don't even try to close the door on my way out. He's standing in the doorway and I don't look back. I take the bag to my jeep and throw it in the back. I know I shouldn't be driving with the way my vision is right now, but I have to get out of here. I had this amazing day figure out what to do with James and talking about my amazing fiancé and this is what I come home to. I need to get out of here and I need to go somewhere where I feel safe.

I thought my worst nightmare came true when I saw James relapse. Now that this has happened, I can't imagine going through anything worse.