Chapter 7

Melissa's POV:

Melissa's POV:

I wake up early this morning for some reason. I can't fall back asleep, so I might as well start my day. I let Tim rest while I shower and make coffee.

After I shower, I clean up the kitchen before I allow myself to have my coffee. It's the only way I'll get myself to do it. It was pretty bad, but I was too occupied last night to clean it.

When I'm done and sit at the kitchen table by myself, I realize how good it is when I'm with him. He's not with my right now, but I wouldn't be sitting here if it wasn't for him.

I know I'm going to have to come back down from heaven and face the people I don't want to see, but I have to at some point. If I want us to have the life that we plan on having I'm going to have to see them and soon.

I just don't know what I'm going to say to either of them. I'm talking about Gibbs and James.

Abby was my best friend, who turned into only my friend because she was acting weird. Now, she's nothing to me because I found out why she was acting weird.

I didn't plan on giving Tim that ultimatum the other night, but I didn't know what else to do. He can talk to her all he wants. He's going to have to for the sake of his job. I don't have to though. The less I see her the happier I'll be. I'm glad I didn't have to say that, and he just knew that it's going to have to be this way.

Will it be like this forever? I don't know.

Will I forgive her? I don't know.

Will I forget? Fuck no.

How can I?

I feel a kiss get placed on my cheek. "Morning baby." My fiancé says.

"Good morning."

He pours himself a cup of coffee and sits with me at the table. "What are you thinking about? You didn't hear me calling you."

I hold the hot mug in my hands and tell him. "Abby. James. Gibbs."

He looks shocked at my answer. "Anything I can help with?"

"Only if you have a time machine."

I can see his shoulders fall and he grabs my hand. "I'm sorry baby."

"It's just..." I try to find the words, but nothing I say will be right. "why would they do this to me? Why did they keep me in the dark for so long even after my mom, who isn't my mom, passed away? Why did James keep me and treat me like a trash my entire life when I wasn't even his kid? Was it easier for him because I wasn't his kid? I just don't understand."

I can tell he's being quiet. I didn't plan on word vomiting, but he asked how I was doing. Though, he's quiet it's not because he wants me to go on, I can sense that he's holding something back.

"With Abby," I continue. "It's a difficult situation. I can't believe she did this, but she didn't even know me. But I'm also not going to sit here and apologize for being hurt."

"And you shouldn't." He finally speaks. "Baby, I know you think I'm team Abby, but I'm not. This suck. I can't imagine what it feels like, but it still happened. She knew about it all along and she knew about us the entire time. She knew how much this would affect both of us."

It's nice to hear him be on my side. The other night I wasn't sure why he brought up Abby, but it's nice to know my man has my back.

"Since we're having this type of conversation," he continues. "There's something I have to tell you."

"I swear if there's another secret-"

"No! Well, not like the one you've just been told. It's not really a secret exactly."

He's rambling. What could it possibly be?

"I wanted to tell you yesterday, but everything going so well that I didn't want to ruin an important day in our lives."

I lift the coffee to my lips and prepare for whatever life has to throw at me next. "What is it, Tim?"

He rips the bandage off. "I saw Gibbs the other day."

Out of all the things to expect, I should have known I shouldn't have expected anything.

"What do you mean you saw him?" I'm not mad I'm just curious to what happened because I've been with him this entire time.

He leans back in his seat and isn't holding my hand anymore. "It was the other day when you were sleeping. It was before I woke you up and we started talking about telling the others."

"You mean after we had sex?" I ask even though I know the answer.

"H-he called me." He continues. "He implied that I still worked for him which was good. When I got there, I was giving him a hard time about you. You were all he wanted to talk about, but I barely let him. I kept bringing up Abby and not being a father at the right time. Then, he just told me not to assume things when I don't know the whole story."

That's the last thing we need to hear; that there's another story. How many more are we going to hear before we get to the end?

"He was happy to hear you plan to go back. He didn't say it, but he sort of smiled."

The time to face him again is approaching, but I'm not ready. He's going to have to accept that and give me time.

I'll go to him when I'm ready.

I look at my fiancé who's still staring at me.

I get up to move to his lap and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Y-you're not mad?"

I sigh. "No. I was confused before, but I'm not mad." He takes one of my hands in his. "I just feel like every time I can finally understand what's going on and process how to feel, something else comes up and I have to do it all over again."

I rest my head on his shoulder. He holds me closer and kisses my head.

"Just remember what I told you, I'm here no matter what."

"You say that now."

"Hey. I mean it. I don't look at you as his daughter."

That was weird to hear, but I'm glad he doesn't see me like that. "I see you as my fiancé, who I want to spend the rest of my life with."

I lift my head to kiss him on the cheek. "I'm glad you still have your job. It wouldn't be the same without you."

"Didn't you say you would quit if I wasn't there?"

"Then, the place really wouldn't be the same."

I lean down to kiss his lips. "Thank you for telling me."

"Thanks for not being mad."

Even if I was mad, I don't have time to focus my energy on that. I have to focus on what's going to happen with us and Gibbs from here on out.