Chapter 29

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

Another boring day at work. This time I actually mean boring. There's no more secrets to talk about. There's no more secret meetings either. We don't even have to pack up to go to a crime scene at all today. At least, not yet. I might've just jinxed it but at this point I hope I did. Actually, I shouldn't hope I did because that would mean someone just died. Wow I must be really bored. This must be what Tony feels when he gets bored and doesn't even find amusement in taunting me.

Melissa has been her old self again. No, I think she's been a better version of herself. Ever since we got everything out in the open; she's been happier than ever at work and at home. At home it's like I finally have her and her mind with me. We're focusing on us again and I couldn't be happier about that. We no longer have to sneak around for anyone or anything. We can just live and love each other, and I think this is amazing.

Since she's been so happy, I haven't brought up Jenny at all. She hasn't brought it up either so I'm assuming she's still coping with it. I just want her to be happy for as long as she can be. When she wants to talk about it, she knows I'm here I'm just hoping she knows that she can come to me about this. I know I knew Jenny, but I hope at the end of the day she can see that I'm here for her always. We wouldn't have rings if I wasn't here for her.

"Earth to Probie!" And here comes Tony with taunting me out of boredom. Hopefully, I can get some amusement out of this too.

"Yes, Tony?"

"Have you two lovebirds figures out any other details about the wedding?"

"Yeah." Ziva chimes in. "Melissa hasn't even told me what I have to do. I had to look it up. I love her, but if she thinks I'm wearing a puffy peach dress she's got another thing coming."

I'll tell you one thing, if Melissa won't wear it, she won't make Ziva wear it.

"No, we really haven't talked about it."

We really haven't talked about anything. Right now, we're just taking it step-by-step. We're finally finding happiness again and that's all I really want for us right now. When she's ready to start planning a wedding we can start planning. I want her mind and body to rest for once.

We're going to get married one day and right now that's good enough for me. She's been more herself than ever and I don't want to do anything to mess that up right now.

She hasn't brought up when she wants to go see James. I'm getting nervous that she's going to push it in the back of her mind that she's going to forget about it, and then blame herself if anything does happen to him. I don't want to push her to go because when she told me she's going to see him I told her I don't think there's a chance of him relapsing. He can't drive it's not like he has anyone to get the alcohol for him so how is he going to relapse?

It's not my favorite idea that she wants to go see him, but I have to respect that it is James and I don't want her to have a guilty conscience over nothing. If he does relapse it's not her fault and if he doesn't it's not because of her either. She's not responsible for him anymore. I will gladly be the one to remind both of them of that. Until the day comes when she wants to go, I'll keep my mouth shut.