Chapter 38

(Hey everyone! It feels so great to be writing again

(Hey everyone! It feels so great to be writing again. I love where all of this is headed. I really took into consideration that I want to write as much as I can before this other job kicks in and I plan to. I will give a warning though, that I will not be posting tomorrow. I will be running around all day getting ready to throw a party, and my last for a very long time. Love you guys! Happy reading!)

Melissa's POV:

Geez, I never thought I would hate anything about this place, but I really hate the days Jack isn't here. I know. I sound like a broken record at this point. I don't like being stressed, but at least when he's here I'm stressed, but not alone. The office to too quiet when he's away. It sucks.

I have to stop myself from calling anyone I can just so I don't feel lonely for few minutes. I know he started off as an intern, but can't we just have him be full time? I don't control his paycheck, but it would be damn nice if he's here when I'm here.

I practically jump out of my seat when I hear a knock at the door. "Come in!" I shout, trying not to sound too eager.

When the door opens, Gibbs appears on the other side of it. "Hey, is now a good time?"

Better than ever. I was about to start throwing pens at the ceiling.

"Please, come in."

He stops before walking all the way I. "Is it okay if I have a guest?"

When he says that he has a guest my heart stops. the only person I can think of him being so sly sneaking in here is Abby. I most definitely am not ready to see her yet. I would want to talk to her one on one before I would ever want anyone to see what we would say to each other.

Lucky for me, Fornell appears next to him and I feel like I can think clearer again. That's something I never thought I would say after the way we left things the last time we saw each other.

"Fornell?" I ask with a smile on my face. "What brings you to NCIS?"

"You do, Of course." Right.

I gesture to the chairs and they make themselves comfortable.

"What can I do for you fellas?" I've never said that before. It just came naturally to me with these two in the room with me.

"Melissa," Fornell takes the lead. "I know the last time we saw each other that we kind of threw you off guard."

"That's for sure." I say jokingly. At that point, I already had so many curveballs thrown at me, that I wasn't ready for another one. I hated the thought of someone else having another secret to share with me.

I stand up so I have their full attention. These things are never planned, I'm just so used to having these talks happen lately. "I want to apologize for the way I stormed out of here. I didn't give you a chance to explain yourselves any further and that wasn't fair. This entire time I was saying that I want all secrets out in the open and when you do that, I run away scared. I'm sorry for that."