Chapter 35

(Hey Everyone! I want to apologize for being absent for over a week

(Hey Everyone! I want to apologize for being absent for over a week. Things have been rough around here and I'm looking for a second job for bills. I do plan on writing more. I'm going to need the NCIS world to help me escape mine. Thank you so much for being patient with me. Who knows, I'm having an energy drink when I don't even handle a cup of coffee well, so maybe I'll have more chapters to come tonight! I am sorry, and thank you again for being patient. Love you loves!)

Melissa's POV:

I have to say as today comes to an end it was one of the best days I've had in a long time. At home and at work Tim is himself again and I couldn't ask for anything else. Not only did Jack and I have appointments today, but we had some downtime as well to talk and catch up on things that we had to do for the job. Of course, while we did that, we had time to talk even more.

I knew the appointments were never going to be easy. I just thought that the hard part was going to be getting them in here. Most of them have been closed off with me when they walk in here. I don't know why I expected something different. If they were putting off coming here, then they wouldn't be an open book the second they walk through the door.

It doesn't help that they have a limited time. If it was unlimited then I would still be with the first person I talked to today. They give me short answers sometimes they don't answer me at all, I'm beginning to kind of feel as if I'm not needed as much as I thought I was. John and Robert are the ones that are making me feel so much better about it. I've gotten calls from them telling me that they're getting better and that they actually want to move up some of their appointments. I know they're supposed to be open about it to me, but it would help if they were opened about it to their coworkers.

Of course, I can't be the one to tell them that. I have this doctor patient confidentiality and I can't force them to talk to their coworkers about it. I just hope that if any of their friends are having a hard time, they can be open about it themselves. Excepting help is hard and I understand that but expressing that you're getting help can be 10 times harder.

Jack and I are always slow when it comes to wrapping the day up. It's because I love spending time with him, and he does with me. Especially the days when we get to talk about our lives and just sit there and be relaxed, that's when we really drag our feet to leave because we just love each other's company and it's weird when I work and he's not here. It's too quiet and I don't like it.

"I'm going to mark it on my calendar." I just told him the date for the wedding.

"It's not that far away." He's teasing me. "I can't wait. This is going to be so much fun."

I'm walking with him to the elevator. "I don't know what to wear."

He stops abruptly and grabs me. "Oh my, forget about me. We need to find you a dress!"

This is why I love Jack. He makes me laugh when I least expect it. "Yes, I'll plan a day for you, me, and Ziva to go out and get one."

Before we go to the elevator, I see Gibbs at the end the hall talking to Vance. He makes eye contact with me and he can tell by the way I stopped that I need to talk to him.