Chapter 49

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

This is the meeting that I've been waiting for, for weeks. It's clear that things have not been going well for me and Melissa lately. Last night was just the icing on the cake. I love that she came over to me and kissed me this morning. I was nervous when I saw her all dressed up. I thought she wasn't even going to look at me and she was going to walk right out the door.

I said it before that I'm very lucky to have her but I'm luckier than ever because she's not here wanting to leave me.

Her telling me that she's doing all right and that we'll talk later after she goes out with Jack honestly made my day. I didn't want to cancel this meeting at all. This is way too important and is going to help me determine our future together. If Melissa did want me to stay home with her so we can talk and be together I would've done it in a heartbeat.

I'm just not sure if the same offer on the table would be there if we did though. That's all I'm going to say.

The second I sent a text after Melissa left, I got one back saying that she can meet me now. I ran my ass back into the room showered as fast as I could and put on fresh clothes.

I need this to go perfectly. I want everything to fall into place so that means I have to look good and be on my best behavior as always.

As I drive, I'm seeing all these beautiful houses. They're all two stories tall and they all have the most beautiful decor on them.

I see yellow and tan houses. Most of them are brown and they do look nice but they're not too appealing to me.

I finally get to the end of the street that I need to be on, and I stop in front of a green house. When I open the car door, I noticed that there's actually only one more car parked on the road.

I walk up to the house and stare at it to take it all in. It's an olive green and beautiful. It stands out from all the other houses here.

As I'm staring at the house, the door opens and a blonde woman in a black suit steps out and starts running towards me.

"Timothy McGee!" Her heels are hitting against the pavement.

I have to admit I'm so happy to see her. It's been a long time.

She runs to me and wraps her arms around me.

"Hey Veronica."

I hold her for a second until she backs away and looks me up and down. "Look at you! Now I haven't seen you this fancy dressed since we walked across the stage after college, Tim!"

Yes, Veronica is an old friend from college. She's actually one of the only few friends I ever really made there. She understood that I wasn't a party type of guy and I was very focused on my work. It was to my surprise when I was looking at real estate agents in Washington that her name popped up. The second I saw her name I had to contact her immediately.