Chapter 31

Melissa's POV:

Melissa's POV:

These past few days have been more normal than others. Tim has still been acting more careful around me. I don't know how to explain it, or if that's the correct word to use. He's been quiet around me now. It's as if he has to think about what he's going to say before he can talk to me.

There must be something going on with a case because his phone has been going off more than usual. It might be a good thing because they haven't had a lot to do ever since the new year started.

This morning I didn't have much time to talk to Tim. I woke up and Ziva was at my door asking if we could go out today.

I turned to Tim and he told me he had nothing planned and I should go out and have fun. When I was getting dressed, he reminded me that I should stop asking him if it's okay to do things. I never did it with James, so I don't know why I'm doing it with him.

Before Ziva and I decided on a place to go, I asked if Jack could come along. She looked happy enough to put him on our route.

I text Jack to ask him if he would be comfortable around Ziva.

When he replied, he said that he loves her without even knowing her. I decided not to ask anything about it and just ask for his address.

When we pick him up, it's as if the planets aligned for this moment to happen

When we pick him up, it's as if the planets aligned for this moment to happen. Ziva and Jack hit it off right off the bat. It's been ten minutes and I had nothing to offer into their conversation. It doesn't bother me. It's cute how well they're getting along.

"He's opened so many doors for us. For people in general I mean. I think he's an amazing man. He cares about the people and is here for the people. I'm glad I'm alive in a time where I can feel protected by someone who doesn't even know me."

I tend to stay out of politics. Luckily, the both of them can talk about it because they have the same point of view.

We just entered 2011 and I'm glad they're not forcing me to talk about where I stand or what I think about what's happening. I have to say I'm happy with everything that's happening for the people. I think it's great we're moving forward and not repeating history.