Chapter 81

Tim's POV:

I spend the rest of the day in the empty apartment. I didn't go to work, and frankly Gibbs didn't seem to mind.

I couldn't help but shed a few tears for Sarah. I was sad that she was leaving right when we were making our relationship stronger than before. I feel happy for her and worried about her at the same time.

I know she's going to do great; I just can't help but worry. It's the brother instinct in me. Maybe I didn't show it often, but I worried about her my whole life. I did something our father couldn't do.

Now, I'm doing something she asked of me. I'm letting her go. It hurts, but I know to trust her. I don't know that what lies ahead, but she'll be free and finally fully happy.

I do believe that.

I hear a car door close and I can tell that it's her. I get up from lying on the floor and race to the door.

I open it, and I'm lucky that she's still by her car. As I run over to her I notice that our couch is finally gone. Someone took it and it couldn't have happened at a better time.

"Hey handsome." Once I reach her, I grab her face to kiss her lips. I can feel her smile while I do it.

She pulls away and looks at me. I can see that she can already tell what I was going to say.

"They aren't letting her out, are they?"

"No, no. It's not that." I push her hair behind her ear to get a good look at her. "She's recovered and is now out there following her heart in where she needs to be."

I knew that instead of Melissa being disappointed that a smile would be on a face when I told her the news. "Good for her. She deserves as much."

I look at the ground for a moment, but she lifts my chin. "I'm sorry Tim. I know you wanted her to be there."

"Thanks baby." I can also be upset that this is a milestone in my life and no one by blood will be there for me.

Then, I look at Melissa and I see my family in her. She's my soon to be wife and we'll be bounded together because we love each other. I will have my brothers and sisters by me who may not be blood, but who are still my family, around me.

She takes my head and heads for the apartment, but I pull her back.

"What is it?"

"I have other plans for us. Get in the car." She starts walking towards mine and I have to pull her back again. "Not my car. You'll be following me."

I head for my car, so she doesn't ask me too many questions. I just hope she's fine with the surprise and isn't too upset I did it all on my own.

Melissa's POV:

I didn't have time to feel bad for Tim about Sarah not being at the wedding. I wanted to talk to him more about it, but he was practically pushing me into my car.

I don't know what's going on, but he doesn't seem too upset, so I'm not freaking out about it.

I just follow him, until we end up outside our new home.

I watch him get out of his car and come over to mine. He doesn't say anything as he grabs my hand and shuts my door for me.

He guides me up to the house and uses the key that he has to open the door.

He rushes past the dining area and living room number 2 that I don't remember seeing last time. He takes me into the kitchen and once I look at it carefully, I see it.

Our glasses and plates are on the counters.

I turn around to the living room that I saw Tim standing in last time and see all his games are in there. The DVD's and books are under the TV.

He walks in but I run past him to the stairs to see if he did what I think he did. I run into the bedroom and my and his clothes are hanging in the closet. My laptop is on the dresser along with his typewriter.

I hear him come up from behind me. I turn to him and he saw that I was staring at the dresser.

"Come with me." He grabs my arm and guides me to one of the rooms that were empty when I first saw the place.

"I really like my desk and didn't know where to put it so I just kind of shoved it in here."

We're at the first room that's on the left when we come up the stairs. When I look into the room, his chair and desk look like they fit perfect in here.

I walk back to our room without saying anything and make my way to the bathroom. Like our room, everything from the bathroom in the apartment is now in here.

I walk out of the bathroom and see Tim standing in the center of the room.

"We're finally moved in baby. This is it. This is ours."

I slowly walk over to him and he pulls me into his arms instantly.

"This is ours." I repeat him.

"Yes, baby." He kisses me on the forehead. "We're living. You and me together."

I grab his face and kiss his soft lips. He sneaks his tongue into my mouth, and I can taste him. He leans down to pick me up and I wrap my legs around him.

He sits on our new bed and I rock my body against his while still kissing him.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait." He stops kissing me and catches his breath. He looks up at me. "Are you still following the no sex before marriage rule?"

I wasn't until he brought it up, but I'll keep that to myself. "Yeah... I am."

I catch my breath. I use my hand to fix his hair and then look down into his eyes. "Want to try that new wine opener?"

He rushes off the bed. "Yup, let's go."