Chapter 8

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

Waking up this morning to the alarm for work wasn't too bad. It wasn't until the memories over the past few days rushed to my head that I nearly fell out of bed.

Melissa groaned as I turned the alarm off. She technically doesn't have to be there at a certain time. She gets to clock in whenever she wants. Unless she has an appointment, I suppose.

She holds the pillow close to her face. I spoon her and she fits perfectly in my arms.

"How're you feeling this morning?" I ask as I kiss her on her temple.

She already sighs. "I say we don't go." She groans.

I chuckle. "You know we can't do that baby."

She throws the pillow on the ground. "How's he going to treat you?" She asks right off the bat. "How's he going to treat the others?" I know she isn't talking about Abby. I'm assuming they're already in each other's good graces.

"I don't know. Usually when he knows he's in the wrong, he acts as if nothing happened. Honestly, sometimes it's the best thing to do."

"Are you suggesting I do the same?"

"Oh, fuck no!" I flip her over to look at me. "Baby, that's for us. None of us were affected by this but you. Do whatever is going to help you get through this. Okay?"

She plays with my hair. "Does that mean I can have you in my office all day?"

I smirk. "Baby, I would want nothing more."

I kiss her lips and let her know I'm here for her. Her hips lift up to me and it fits perfectly in my hand.

"Maybe we shouldn't go into work."

She continues to kiss me but pulls away quickly and gets out of bed. "Too bad. Work was your idea." She smirks at me and goes to the bathroom to get ready.

I scuff. "Me and my dumb ideas."

While we were getting dressed, I could tell she was moving slower than usual. I'm putting my game face on because I may not be ready for what's about to happen, but for her I have to act like I am.

When we get out of the car to walk in, I grab her hand and she's surprised by this.

"We're not hiding anymore, remember?" I bring her closer to me and have my head held high. I don't have to act proud to be with her. I always have been. "I'm showing you off for the ones who can't see the ring."

I make her smile and honestly that's all I needed to remember to stand up to Gibbs.

When we walk in the squad room, Ziva and Tony are there. They look up and see us holding hands.

Tony smirks while Ziva smiles proudly. "Welcome back." She tells us. "Are you guys ready?"

Melissa looks at me because I have to be with Gibbs all day. "I know I am." I reassure her.