Chapter 39

(Hello everyone! I know another week went by and I didn't post. I'm sorry to the new readers and too the loyal readers who I am lucky to have. On a good note, everything is figured out and I'm so happy to share this with you guys! Thank you all for your patience! 2020 started out rough. but we made it! Love you all! Happy reading <3)

Tim's POV:

Another cold moment in the car with Melissa. The car is only warm, not because of the heater, but because she's here holding my hand.

To distract me from thinking anything negative, she told me that she invited Fornell to the wedding. I'm happy that they mended their relationship, not that they really had one in the workplace, but I'm happy for her. They both apologized to each other as well. From how I see it I don't think Melissa had to apologize to anyone in the first place, but she was just trying to be the bigger person and take responsibility for what she thought she did wrong.

I told her I was happy for her and kissed her on the cheek. Also, I told her that inviting Fornell was the right thing to do. I've known him longer than she has in some sort of way, and I know that he's a good guy and that he will do no wrong by her. At least, not on purpose.

We're sitting outside the facility that holds my sister prisoner. At least that's how she saw it the last time I spoke to her, but hopefully she doesn't see it that was as my sober sister.

Melissa has held my hand the entire ride here and hasn't let go since we've been parked.

"Do you think I should've called ahead?" I ask her. "Maybe I should've called to see if I was still on the visitors list instead of wasting my time by driving here."

"Hey," She tilts my chin down to look at her. "This was not a waste of time. She's your sister and you care about her and you want her to be at our wedding. It's sweet."

She kisses my forehead and I try to relax from that.

I try not to think the worst, or I'll start to cry. I try not to think about how maybe she still doesn't want me in her life. She might still think of me as the villain because I put her in here in a way. Yes, it was our father that did it but I'm the one that brought it to light by telling Gibbs and everyone else what was going on with her. She might still hate me for it and not want to see me. I think I'd rather of heard the news over the phone from a stranger than from herself.

"What do you want me to do this time?" Melissa asks me. "Do you want me to stay in the car or come in with you?"

I want her in there with me, but I don't want Sarah to be triggered in anyway. "Come to the desk with me?"

I think that's the right thing to do. Besides, if I'm not on the list I doubt that Melissa will be with the way she thought about her before.

"Of course." He opens the car door to make her way inside. She knew if she didn't give me a push, we would be in the car for another 20 minutes because I'm too chicken to take the first step.

Everything looks the same from the last time I was here. Some of the doctors that are walking by look familiar to me. Melissa is examining the place. She didn't come in with me last time. She's taking everything in and probably thinking the same things I did when I first came in. I can feel my sweaty hand holding hers. I'm just too nervous for what's going to happen when and if I see her.

We make it to the front desk, and I see another familiar face. "Hi, Nancy." She was at the front desk and gave me the tour of the place.

She looks up from her paperwork and greets us with a smile. "Timothy, long time no see."

I nod. "I'm here to see my sister if that's possible."

She giggles. "Possible? Of course, she's been waiting for you."

I can't help but beam from hearing her say that. I turn to Melissa, who I can see is happy for me too. I bring her closer to me in happiness.

Nancy turns to Melissa and tilts her head. "You wouldn't happen to be Melissa, would you?"

Melissa turns to me and is just as confused as I am. "Y-yes?"

Nancy seems happier than before. "Oh, how great!" She claps her hands together. "She's been waiting for you as well."

"What?" We ask simultaneously.

There's no way we could have heard her correctly. I was hoping for a breaking point in accepting Melissa into her life, but wanting to talk to her while she's in recovery? I think that's too sudden.

"Nancy," I pull Melissa closer to me. "when was Melissa added to the list?"

She flips through the papers. "Ah, she asked me to add her just last week."

Last week? What kind of coincidence is this? Coincidence? Or is it a sign? No. I can't be talking crazy and asking these questions now.

"Can you give us a minute?" I ask her. She nods her head and I guide Melissa to the side.

I look at her and she looks lost. She's confused and surprised at the same time. I don't blame her. She thought she was coming here to support me in seeing my sister, then she finds out my sister wants to see her too.

"What do you want to do baby?"

I looks in my eyes and shakes her head. "I-I don't know. I didn't expect this."

Here I was, nervous that if she saw me, she would push her back in her recovery, but I don't think that's a possibility at this point.

"I'll go in first." I tell her. If she's angry she can take it out on me. If she's got a plan up her sleeve, I'll be able to tell what's going on right when I walk in there.

"I'll go in first to see how she is and then you can decide on what you want to do."

She thinks about it for a second, then lightly shakes her head. "Okay." She says softly.

I bring her into my arms and kiss her on the head. I don't know what to expect when I go in there. I just hope this place is working and she's bettering herself for herself. I'll still be here if there was a setback in treatment. I just want her to know that.

"Tim?" I turn to see Nancy in the hall and no longer behind the counter.

"Are you ready?"